Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

Is it possible that he thought he had Biegel ready to sign to the PS?

yes, this seems possible.   

Although as mentioned, it does seem curious that *IF* Packers offered, that Biegel would have declined and chosen Saints over Packers; given how vulnerable and short the depth chart is in GB. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It's early in the process for the 2018 draft. Are you unhappy with our rookie class so far?

Yeah - no way to project 2018 yet, but guys from 2017 are already dropping like flies. However many years of drafting poorly, coupled with no activity in FA left this team talent poor and it culminated last year. MM then took his shot at the F.O. by saying they need to be active in all aspects of talent gathering. It's gonna take a couple years to recover

14 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Think we have to make a trade to get anybody signifigant now. Everyone else will be JAG bodies.

Given Gute's comments about the RB position, it's possible they're trying to sign a RB who passed through waivers, and who maybe could be a decent kick return guy. Could be a vet and they didn't put a waiver claim on him, because they want to start with a fresh contract. If they do sign someone, I would look for Light to be moved to the PS. 

Then there's the boatload of WRs. Something has got to give there. If they can't trade Davis, then maybe they put Kumerow on recallable IR, and re-sign RIP. Or they trade Davis and re-sign RIP.

Then there will have to be another adjustment when Jones returns after his two week suspension.... 

Stay tuned.

(I tried to post this yesterday, but my internet connection was acting up. Now we know it was Kumerow to IR. IIRC, Waters was injured in the KC game. Is he headed there too?)

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

McCray and Taylor are they a curse too? How about Gilbert, also a curse? And Brice is he a curse? 

Every team in the NFL has UDFA's on it's roster and they all have a few that are major contributors. Come on man! 

The Jury is still out with McCray, he did show some promise. Brice is a serviceable backup nothing special. For every Taylor you had 5 MD Jennings. Guy's who didn't belong on a NFL roster. It was unexcusable to have Gunter as your starter in an NFC championship game. I guess my point was that TT over relied on UDFA for depth to my liking.

I’m really liking the Korey Toomer signing. Freakish athlete, drafted in the 5th round by Seattle in 2012. Has had some decent production with the Chargers. My guess is he’s brought in to play special teams and provide ILB depth until Burks is back. Older at 29 but still should have some decent legs. 

Pro Day:

40: 4.53

10: 1.61

Vert: 42

Broad: 10’10

3-Cone: 6.87

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Waters was injured in the KC game. Is he headed there too?)

No.  Just a cramp vs. KC.

I think he'll be a PS addition with some bigger incentives to stick around.  TW and House won't be here forever.  He's already the 6th CB.  Gute isn't spending more high draft picks on CB in the near future, so the kid has a chance this season.  If not, next for sure.

Archived