Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Might be interesting to see whether the Packers add Waters or Pipkens or both to their PS.

Having only 5 corners, with one of them being habitually-injured House, is a short position group.  Or maybe I'm misperceiving, and only feel that way because with having so many developmental UDFA's over the past three years, they've just been keeping long CB group in hopes that somebody would emerge?  

I agree, we likely will need more depth as the season rolls along- King has the other shoulder to deal with, and the last few years we have had frequent injuries at that position.  I could see Waters or someone else added to the practice squad.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He was cut yesterday ..... Toomer is a solid journeyman player. I might like him better than Morrison tbh.

Thanks, packfan.  If he was good enough to come in as the 53rd/54th man in San Fran, that would seem reasonable to make our 53.

Would he be more on the pass-coverage end of the ILB continuum, or more on the Morrison run-defender profile?  

Would seem to make Crawford pretty vulnerable to a PS move, I'd think....

55 minutes ago, Golfman said:

McCray and Taylor are they a curse too? How about Gilbert, also a curse? And Brice is he a curse? 

Every team in the NFL has UDFA's on it's roster and they all have a few that are major contributors. Come on man! 

Interestingly enough, if Spriggs and Jones would live up to their draft status, we wouldn't need those guys to be starters. It's a domino effect. Instead of great depth guys, they become marginal starters. It's been going on for a while now. Rodgers covered up a lot of sins

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Let me know when Toomer comes up with 109 tackles in a season.
He might be all sort of measurables - and thats good - but his stat line doesnt match up to Morrison's - and its the stat line that indicates production and worth.

Both additions are welcome.  Both mean that we won't have to see Burks rushed back from injury and UDFA Crawford getting snaps on defense.  

25 minutes ago, Lieker said:

I’m really liking the Korey Toomer signing. Freakish athlete, drafted in the 5th round by Seattle in 2012. Has had some decent production with the Chargers. My guess is he’s brought in to play special teams and provide ILB depth until Burks is back. Older at 29 but still should have some decent legs. 

Pro Day:

40: 4.53

10: 1.61

Vert: 42

Broad: 10’10

3-Cone: 6.87

Just seems silly to carry 5 ILBs...

Just now, craig said:

Thanks, packfan.  If he was good enough to come in as the 53rd/54th man in San Fran, that would seem reasonable to make our 53.

Would he be more on the pass-coverage end of the ILB continuum, or more on the Morrison run-defender profile?  

Would seem to make Crawford pretty vulnerable to a PS move, I'd think....

Crawford probably stays on the roster until Aaron Jones comes back which should coincide with Burks getting healthy. 

Toomer is a better athlete than Morrison and had hold up against the run or pass if needed. Morrison is a true thumper so he fills that Ryan role. Toomer is more versatile. If nothing else, he provides solid veteran depth. I like this addition.

I imagine Kumerow will be waive/injured. Guy has a mild shoulder sprain, 8 weeks is overkill and unless we are extremely fortunate and healthy I highly doubt he's the choice to remove from IR. Let the guy find a spot to play this year.

Toomer is an athlete freak who can get you out of games starting. Another ILB though, unless we're moving Crawford to OLB, but still he has no business taking reps there.

Team needs an EDGE, it's pretty irresponsible to let the roster stand where it does at EDGE.

Archived