Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

Just now, craig said:

I wonder if he can block?  Monty as a 3rd down guy would be fun, as a pass-catcher, if he could block.  If the new guy can block, interest goes way up for me!  :)

My thoughts exactly. That is one of the bigger knocks on Monty. Consistency in pass protection.

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's how undrafted players works you dolt. Of course 1/6 are serviceable starters. Get a grip on reality and stop pouting.

No it's not how it's works. You don't put a UDFA on Julio Jones in the NFC Championship. Guess you didn't read my whole post, I said my problem with TT was his over use of UDFA to fill the backend of the roster instead of going with cheaper vets.

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

No it's not how it's works. You don't put a UDFA on Julio Jones in the NFC Championship. Guess you didn't read my whole post, I said my problem with TT was his over use of UDFA to fill the backend of the roster instead of going with cheaper vets.

Then you have an issue with every team that has injuries or constructs rosters. Our OL, DL (thought we kept a udfa here, was wrong), S, LB, RB, QB, TE. All the end of the backend of those is constructed with udfas instead of cheaper vets.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Cheap vet who is on the backend of the roster is also going to get abused by Julio. You just don't want your fringe depth players starting regardless of how you acquired them.

Injuries are not TT's fault

29 minutes ago, Norm said:

"Who cares"

They cry for pages and then they don't care when they have anything questioned lol. Just let them have it. It makes them feel warm and fuzzy we signed Korey ******* Toomer because he ran kind of fast 10 years ago.

Just so we're clear, you're patting him on the back because he blew up at this: 

Monty is the only Packer left from the 2015 class.  The class that should be coming into their own this year is non-existent.  Better believe that hamstrings this team.  

Kenny Clark and Davante Adams are the only young stars out of Ted's last few draft classes.  

I'm sure you can find 10 teams who drafted just as poorly as Ted over the last 4-5 years.  I could find 10 who did it better.  

Ted had some brilliant years.  He's also had some terrible ones. 

6 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Just so we're clear, you're patting him on the back because he blew up at this: 

Monty is the only Packer left from the 2015 class.  The class that should be coming into their own this year is non-existent.  Better believe that hamstrings this team.  

Kenny Clark and Davante Adams are the only young stars out of Ted's last few draft classes.  

I'm sure you can find 10 teams who drafted just as poorly as Ted over the last 4-5 years.  I could find 10 who did it better.  

Ted had some brilliant years.  He's also had some terrible ones. 

I'm not really patting him on the back. I'm making fun of the people who let it be a Ted sucks thread until someone took the other side, then it wasn't allowed.

10 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Cheap vet who is on the backend of the roster is also going to get abused by Julio. You just don't want your fringe depth players starting regardless of how you acquired them.

Injuries are not TT's fault

I was curious what he wanted there? Gunter started as like cb5 or 6. 

"I'm mad at Ted he didn't have a cb6 who could cover the best wr in the NFL."

Even if the idea is to sign someone late, who's around who can do that that late in the year, nobody.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rollins was cut, Rip is gone, they don't count for your argument.

I don't have a horse in this race but your debate style of "I don't agree with you, so spend half an hour to research and name some hypothetical teams that did X better/worse than us" is so pointless. You're arguing opinions here, you really need to learn that yours aren't fact.

Wow this is a terrible post. It’s entirely reasonable to ask people what reference frame they are using to arrive at their opinion or “feelings”. Just because people are too lazy to do that (or more likely afraid that doing it would prove their assertion to be BS) doesn’t mean it’s an unreasonable question. 

When people make a pompous assertion, they’re setting themselves up to be challenged, and if they don’t have anything to back up their assertion, don’t make the assertion. 

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They will probably wait until Matthews and Perry are on the shelf .. should be around week four or five ;)

Ha, we better hope not. At least we can rest easy a bit in that Gilbert has emerged to be a capable No. 3-4 guy it appears, however, our depth is pretty atrocious and to only have 4 guys on the roster, one of them being a guy who isn't even an EDGE player (Fack) is scary as hell....

I've applauded Gute for many of the moves he's made so far this off-season but his handling of the EDGE position, both in the draft and FA certainly is not one of them...

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't think think Ted has had a single terrible draft considering where he's drafted in each of them and I'm the ******* because I understand that.  

2015 was terrible.  ****.  Cleveland literally has drafted 1/4 of the league's #2 QB's.  Just because those QB's are still in the NFL doesn't mean Cleveland is good at drafting players and they just happened to not work out.  Balls.  No fricken team goes into a draft hoping to still have 1 player on their squad in 3 years.  

That doesn't mean that Ted was ever terrible at drafting.  2013 was fantastic.  But, generally, Outpost, the team is hurting right now at starting positions because the results of the last 4 drafts have not replaced starters at the rate that we needed them to.  Even over those four years, Ted was probably league average.  But to act like the guy is flawless at drafting is absolutely silly. 

Just now, Norm said:

I was curious what he wanted there? Gunter started as like cb5 or 6. 

"I'm mad at Ted he didn't have a cb6 who could cover the best wr in the NFL."

Even if the idea is to sign someone late, who's around who can do that that late in the year, nobody.

No one.  

The idea that Ted didn't use UFA enough should have died 4 years ago.  (You have to have a touch of empathy for people who watched MD Jennings and McMillan try to play safety.  That. Was. Painful.  It caused irreversible trauma.)  

The same idea that he was God's gift in acquiring talent via the draft should have also died 4 years ago.  

Archived