Cuts

jetfuel34

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Jerry Attaochu visited today too

If we can get Attauchu or John Simon, that’ll be great.

Actually, we can use both of them. An edge group of Jenkins, Simon, Attauchu, and Martin is ok. Nothing spectacular but no longer a liability. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Who has drafted better then Mac during his drafts here?  I will even give you 2015 draft despite Mac having none of his scouts in place and him cleaning house after the draft.  I dare you to prove that he has been in bottom third of the league.  I am not saying he is drafting All Pro after All Pro but to say he is unqualified is flat out wrong.  He has most likely hit home runs with 3 of his 4 first round picks.  Again, look around the league before you call him unqualified - drafting is not an exact science and there are more misses then hits.  We just seem to remember the Brady's in the 6th or Favre in 2nd picks more then the mid 1str ound bust of other teams

You need a QB to win in the NFL.  He has gotten, what looks like, our franchise QB.  Now the game is on.  Mac has done a great job so far.  If you look at our roster today compared to 2014, we are in much better shape.

I have been a Jets fan since the late 70s and a season tix holder since 1990 - the negativity of some fellow Jets fan makes me wonder why they are even fans.  No GM hits home runs each year.  No GM consistently drafts All Pros in rounds 2-4.  Hit rate on drafted prospects out of the 1st are very low.  Why do you think the average career in the NFL is 3.3 years?  The arm chair GM with hindsight is dangerous. 

So youre going to tell me youve been a jets fan since the dawn of time that Mac has done a great job? Why because we got Sam Darnold? Its not about getting all-pros in the mind rounds, its about drafting guys that actually MAKE THE EFFING TEAM. I am not even a negative Jets fan, I just call it like I see it and he can't hide from the really bad mishaps he has had on draft day. Just want to know what Mac has done to make you say hes done a great job. Not to mention...you are comparing it to 4 years ago. It better be better than it was in 2014! Hes had 4 years and been GIFTED with guys to fall to him on draft day and has nothing else to show from his drafts. You want to argue with me saying hes unqualified fine, i was certainly embellishing, but to say hes done a great job is just comical. 

While Macc lack eyes for "star" prospects there are a plenty of his prospects who still are on the team of 2018.

2015: 1 out of 5

2016: 6 out of 7. Plus Robby Anderson the DFA steal.  Plus Doug Middleton.

2017: 6 out of 9.  Suspended Stewart included for now. Plus Ben Braden.   Also, Clark on PS.

2018: 6 out of 6.

That is 22 out of 54.  Almost half of 2018 roster came under Maccagnan's scouting department.  That is good.

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

The fact remains if Macc hits on Darnold then the duds he’s drafted over the last few years will be forgotten for a while.

Drafting a franchise QB gives him time to get his act together improving this oline and finally getting us the pass rushers we’ve been desperate for.  

It gives him a pass but not the franchise a Pass. We still will lack talent

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Dan Bailey visiting tomorrow

And sign to stay.    Cowboys dumped him due to bad memory of last season. Let's hope he is really 100 percent healthy in both mentality and physicality. When he was released by Cowboys he was due to make 3.5m.  That is so affordable to not sign him.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

So youre going to tell me youve been a jets fan since the dawn of time that Mac has done a great job? Why because we got Sam Darnold? Its not about getting all-pros in the mind rounds, its about drafting guys that actually MAKE THE EFFING TEAM. I am not even a negative Jets fan, I just call it like I see it and he can't hide from the really bad mishaps he has had on draft day. Just want to know what Mac has done to make you say hes done a great job. Not to mention...you are comparing it to 4 years ago. It better be better than it was in 2014! Hes had 4 years and been GIFTED with guys to fall to him on draft day and has nothing else to show from his drafts. You want to argue with me saying hes unqualified fine, i was certainly embellishing, but to say hes done a great job is just comical. 

Yes I think he has done a great job.  The fact we have Darnold should be a enough .... but in addition to Darnold (which can't be understated) - here are the names that have lead me to this conclusion so far (in no order but all have added talent to the roster and have been upgrades - some major upgrades):

L. Williams, J. Adams, M. Maye, J. Jenkins, D. Lee, E. Mcguier, B Shell, N. Shepard, Edwards and Sam Darnold..  that is 9 starters from his draft classes and I am not putting in R. Anderson as  UDFA. 

He went out and signed Tru and Williams as FA which are major upgrades on D.  He has been taking shots and in the game on Cousins (so happy we did not get him), Mack and now Fowler. 

As far as your statement in bold above ... Huh?  You are saying how horrible he is and then acknowledging he has increase the talent on the roster?  And that since it was 4 years ago it better be better ... I don't understand what point your trying to make other then mine that he has upgraded our roster in both talent and promise.

Look the bottom line is ... He got Sam Darnold.  This alone has the ability to turn around the franchise for the next 15 years and he only gave up two 2nd round picks.  I mean really think about that and how masterful it was.   All you need to reference is how franchises like the NYG, Pats, Chargers, Saints, Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, etc .. have done AFTER they found a franchise QB.  Now he must take advantage of Darnold's rookie deal and continue to upgrade talent but specifically at Edge Rusher, WR and OL.... I think it is obvious he knows this based on rumors of him looking at Mack and Fowler recently. 

Macc has put us in a position to be a force in the AFC East and AFC for years to come.  Most of that falls on Darnold's development but I have high hopes and expectations.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya we were 6th on the waiver list and got no one. That’s grounds to get fired damn near in itself.

I look at it as they are more comfortable going into the season with the guys that have been with them through out OTAs, training camp and pre-season.  View it as a good thing, not a bad.  Bad is when you flip your roster at this time of the year. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I look at it as they are more comfortable going into the season with the guys that have been with them through out OTAs, training camp and pre-season.  View it as a good thing, not a bad.  Bad is when you flip your roster at this time of the year. 

When you have the OL we have, WR depth we have, edge rushers we have. A claim should have been put in with the guys that’s were out there. Period.

Archived