Cuts

jetfuel34

10 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I look at it as they are more comfortable going into the season with the guys that have been with them through out OTAs, training camp and pre-season.  View it as a good thing, not a bad.  Bad is when you flip your roster at this time of the year. 

It could also mean we like the veterans that were let go more. Edge for example, Attauchu and Simon did not go through waivers because they have accrued more than 4 years. 

Other players that I think would be upgrades to our team are Pasztor for Qvale. Pasztor is another player that didn’t need to go through waivers.

I think we will see Macc make 2 or 3 moves in the next couple of days. He is already looking at Attauchu and Bailey. Bailey is another player that didn’t need to go through waivers. 

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It could also mean we like the veterans that were let go more. Edge for example, Attauchu and Simon did not go through waivers because they have accrued more than 4 years. 

Other players that I think would be upgrades to our team are Pasztor for Qvale. Pasztor is another player that didn’t need to go through waivers.

I think we will see Macc make 2 or 3 moves in the next couple of days. He is already looking at Attauchu and Bailey. Bailey is another player that didn’t need to go through waivers. 

That is correct.   Just because claiming young players and replacing Jets' young players we hate does not always make it better.  Jets only need a several players with experience to somewhat improve the team's strategy, not ours.

11 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Yes I think he has done a great job.  The fact we have Darnold should be a enough .... but in addition to Darnold (which can't be understated) - here are the names that have lead me to this conclusion so far (in no order but all have added talent to the roster and have been upgrades - some major upgrades):

L. Williams, J. Adams, M. Maye, J. Jenkins, D. Lee, E. Mcguier, B Shell, N. Shepard, Edwards and Sam Darnold..  that is 9 starters from his draft classes and I am not putting in R. Anderson as  UDFA. 

He went out and signed Tru and Williams as FA which are major upgrades on D.  He has been taking shots and in the game on Cousins (so happy we did not get him), Mack and now Fowler. 

As far as your statement in bold above ... Huh?  You are saying how horrible he is and then acknowledging he has increase the talent on the roster?  And that since it was 4 years ago it better be better ... I don't understand what point your trying to make other then mine that he has upgraded our roster in both talent and promise.

Look the bottom line is ... He got Sam Darnold.  This alone has the ability to turn around the franchise for the next 15 years and he only gave up two 2nd round picks.  I mean really think about that and how masterful it was.   All you need to reference is how franchises like the NYG, Pats, Chargers, Saints, Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, etc .. have done AFTER they found a franchise QB.  Now he must take advantage of Darnold's rookie deal and continue to upgrade talent but specifically at Edge Rusher, WR and OL.... I think it is obvious he knows this based on rumors of him looking at Mack and Fowler recently. 

Macc has put us in a position to be a force in the AFC East and AFC for years to come.  Most of that falls on Darnold's development but I have high hopes and expectations.

At the end of last season, we were not better than we were prior to his hiring and arguably worse

Like I said earlier in this thread, his FA signings need to be BOOMs starting in Week 1

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not when you like your guys better or see no upgrade

And that’s where I think he needs to be looked at. He clearly can see talent in some areas. We are amateurs yes. But it doesn’t take a pro tonsee that a guy like Kikaha is better than Copeland at Edge. Etc. we are bringing in one guys I like like Bailey and Perriman. But edge and OT are still our biggest holes.

I think your overrating Kikaha a bit while I think he might have some talent he’s only been able to play in 2 seasons since he’s been in the league due to his knees and they haven’t been that great so I wouldn’t stress out.

14 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Yes I think he has done a great job.  The fact we have Darnold should be a enough .... but in addition to Darnold (which can't be understated) - here are the names that have lead me to this conclusion so far (in no order but all have added talent to the roster and have been upgrades - some major upgrades):

L. Williams, J. Adams, M. Maye, J. Jenkins, D. Lee, E. Mcguier, B Shell, N. Shepard, Edwards and Sam Darnold..  that is 9 starters from his draft classes and I am not putting in R. Anderson as  UDFA. 

He went out and signed Tru and Williams as FA which are major upgrades on D.  He has been taking shots and in the game on Cousins (so happy we did not get him), Mack and now Fowler. 

As far as your statement in bold above ... Huh?  You are saying how horrible he is and then acknowledging he has increase the talent on the roster?  And that since it was 4 years ago it better be better ... I don't understand what point your trying to make other then mine that he has upgraded our roster in both talent and promise.

Look the bottom line is ... He got Sam Darnold.  This alone has the ability to turn around the franchise for the next 15 years and he only gave up two 2nd round picks.  I mean really think about that and how masterful it was.   All you need to reference is how franchises like the NYG, Pats, Chargers, Saints, Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, etc .. have done AFTER they found a franchise QB.  Now he must take advantage of Darnold's rookie deal and continue to upgrade talent but specifically at Edge Rusher, WR and OL.... I think it is obvious he knows this based on rumors of him looking at Mack and Fowler recently. 

Macc has put us in a position to be a force in the AFC East and AFC for years to come.  Most of that falls on Darnold's development but I have high hopes and expectations.

In 2014 we went 4-12. Then we had a very fun 2015 season, and its been back to back 5-11 years. It legit took Mac until this past offseason to actually put together a legitimately better roster than in 14. Even still 6-10 is likely in 2018. 

Yes he got Sam Darnold, and honestly moving up when he did was actually a brilliant move, but those type of moves are way too few and far between. He stresses how important drafting is and that being his area of expertise. Hes been borderline embarrassing on draft day after the first round and has got insanely lucky with Williams, Adams and Darnold falling. The one year nobody fell he selected Darron Lee who graded out as the worst starting LB in football. 

Yeah Mac has some players starting, how many graded up even average last year? We were 5-11. We might win one more game this year. I love that we have Sam Darnold, but the drafting must be better or we wont ever be that force in the AFC East. LIsten man, I hope I am the one thats wrong here. We're all diehards, we all want to win, but in my eyes theres been a lot left to be desired.

Archived