Cuts

jetfuel34

The scouting and GM need to do better. Mac has not been tested in the first round of the draft yet. He has guys fall into his lap ever time and they are a no brainier. The only move I liked he did in the draft was trade up last year. I was so happy when he did this because we kept our 1st round pick this year. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The scouting and GM need to do better. Mac has not been tested in the first round of the draft yet. He has guys fall into his lap ever time and they are a no brainier. The only move I liked he did in the draft was trade up last year. I was so happy when he did this because we kept our 1st round pick this year. 

He got tested once in Round 1 and sure enough that’s our only guy that has answered if he’s worth his spot drafted in Lee. Outside of Shell he’s been awful in any pick outside of Round 1. I’m not ready to anoint Maye as a success. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He got tested once in Round 1 and sure enough that’s our only guy that has answered if he’s worth his spot drafted in Lee. Outside of Shell he’s been awful in any pick outside of Round 1. I’m not ready to anoint Maye as a success. 

YOU & JETFUELL ARE CORRECT,  I can't argue with anything you guys are saying. I would like to see someone else in the Jet organization do the drafting. I just don't trust Mac"s, when it comes to drafting. I don't even know who is the head of the Jets scouting system.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We’ve claimed Tarell Basham off waivers from Indy. Edge rusher drafted in Round 3 a couple years ago.

What do we know about him???  

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Good post.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What do we know about him???  

Good post.

He’s pretty much done nothing since getting rafted for Indy, hence why they cut him. He has an average skill set. So he’s far from an answer for us at edge. I’d compare him to a Lozo type edge player.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s pretty much done nothing since getting rafted for Indy, hence why they cut him. He has an average skill set. So he’s far from an answer for us at edge. I’d compare him to a Lozo type edge player.

This is only his second year. Maybe, like Henry Anderson, he wasn’t a fit for their new defense. 

Archived