Players recently cut that could make our team!!

Marcus21

I was sure if this need its own thread, but there will be players cut around the league that could add depth to our roster.

One name I really like is Ron Parker. He was cut today by the Falcons. He is better than any of the back up safeties on our current roster at 31 years of age. The thought of Everett and Apke as our backups makes me very nervous. I doubt and teams will give him a chance to start, and he would be a plug and play guy if one of our Safeties goes down.

Jake Eldrenkamp was just released by the Rams. He got caught up in the Rams C shuffle and was the odd man out. I fully expect them to try to sneak him on their practice squad as he's a good young technician but needs to bulk up more for his 6'5" frame. He could definitely be an asset for the Skins if they were so inclined to take a look at him.

The Ravens cut Kai Nacua, who is the guy who scored the pick-6 against us. He showed out big time for me before the Skins faced them, and he looked great against us too. 

From what I saw in the preseason games for both teams, I would give him a shot over Ladler if we’re going 5 safeties — he’s a bit more of an asset in coverage, I think. I’d probably keep him over Apke too, but I doubt that happens. Apke’s upside is still pretty high. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

In addition to Cooper, Xavier Sua Fiolo is also available as a swing guard.

It’s amazing how far these two have fallen as a former 1st round and 2nd round pick. I remember Cooper playing ok for the Cowboys last year. I’d take either guy as depth.

Jonathan Cooper would be the one for me. Thought they’d keep him and let Garnett go, but it’s pretty much 6 of one and a half-dozen of the other as far as I’m concerned. 

He was very solid for Dallas last season at LG. I think when you put him on that side, with less one on one responsibilities and especially next to an elite LT, he can hold his own pretty well. I think he’d actually challenge meaningfully for the starting role against Lauvao. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I mean...this has to be some kind of a trap...right??

Cowboys Cut Veteran Kicker Dan Bailey https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Cowboys-Cut-Veteran-Kicker-Dan-Bailey-492262241.html via @nbcdfw

He had a groin injury last year that affected his kicking. Perhaps he hasn’t recovered from that or hasn’t looked the same this preseason as he did before the injury, I don’t know.

Stunner: Cowboys release kicker Dan Bailey - NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000957621/article/dallas-cowboys-release-kicker-dan-bailey

It was a stunning move from the Cowboys, who signed the ultra-accurate Bailey to a seven-year $22.5 million contract in 2014. He had three years left on the deal. The move saves the Cowboys $3.4 million on the salary cap. 

The 30-year-old kicker suffered a groin injury last season that forced him to miss four games. His accuracy waned upon his return. Bailey ended the season with a career-low 75 percent field goal rate, and missed the only two extra points of his career in 278 attempts. 

The Cowboys will move forward with Brett Maher. The 28-year-old bounced around as an offseason-leg since going undrafted out of Nebraska in 2013. He has zero regular-season attempts to his record. Maher played in the CFL the past four years, making 78.1 percent of his field goal attempts in that span, including 41 of 50 in 2017. Maher connected on a 57-yard attempt in the Cowboys preseason finale.

Archived