Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

Just now, swede700 said:

Waynes will probably get at least 1.5 times that.  Probably around $14-15M per year.  

Exactly. Corners are in demand. Coleman is a good player, but does a contract like this for him increase the potential trade value of our guys? I mean this makes Rhodes' contract look like a great deal. Maybe I'm drawing parallels that aren't there.

5 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Exactly. Corners are in demand. Coleman is a good player, but does a contract like this for him increase the potential trade value of our guys? I mean this makes Rhodes' contract look like a great deal. Maybe I'm drawing parallels that aren't there.

I think you are right......

Every time someone yells "bad deal", the cap goes up 10-15MM per year, and salaries go up.....

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I think you are right......

Every time someone yells "bad deal", the cap goes up 10-15MM per year, and salaries go up.....

I mean Landon Collins just got 6 years 84 million. He's good but holy smokes. There is definitely money to go around this year.

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Can't wait for the Vikes to try to block this guy.....

Well, while he's a little better than the guy he replaces, the Vikings still managed to stop him before.  He did get to Cousins once last year, but was pretty quiet other than that.

• Like 1

The Lions are the busiest team of free agency, which doesn’t actually begin until Wednesday.

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, the Lions are adding Steelers tight end Jesse James to an early haul.

They’ve also reportedly agreed to deals with pass-rusher Trey Flowers, cornerback Justin Coleman, and wide receiver Danny Amendola — and have been mentioned as being in the mix for linebacker Anthony Barr.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/11/lions-add-tight-end-jesse-james/