Sign in to follow this  
SteelKing728

Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

I like the Lions interior d-line, especially for run stopping. But I’m not sold on the pass rush, especially from the edge. 

Any interest? He would have to battle Boone, Abdullah and Henderson to win a spot on the roster.

For what its worth, I never wanted us to draft a RB this year because I figured talented backs like Riddick would hit the market before the season started.

The bad injury news continued for the Lions as backup quarterback Tom Savage was slammed to the turf on back-to-back plays, getting his helmet slammed to the turf on the second, and went to the locker room to get checked for a head injury. Savage has been the clear signal-caller in line to backup Matthew Stafford and made some nice anticipation throws before exiting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040322/article/what-we-learned-from-thursdays-preseason-games

The Lions finally will be getting at practice their biggest free-agent acquisition. Former Patriots defensive lineman Trey Flowers has been activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, the team announced on Saturday.

Flowers signed a five-year, $90 million deal to make the leap from the Patriots to the Lions. He had a minor shoulder procedure after the Super Bowl, which apparently wasn’t that minor after all.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/10/lions-activate-trey-flowers-from-pup-list/

Sucks for the Lions, Jarrad Davis is a great player and Frank Ragnow is a local MN kid who could be a starter.  Big losses to injuries for them but they might not be out for the season but will be for awhile.  Davis had injury issues on and off and Florida and those have seemed to carry over to the NFL as well.