Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

On 9/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, NorthCountryEvo said:

So after 3 weeks, what's our verdict on these Lions? I thought after they blew the big lead on the Cardinals and found themselves with a tie that they were going to be another footnote to the season, but having beat the Chargers and now the Eagles... are they really that improved, and are they that much more of a serious threat?

Boy, I don't know NC... these lions have been taking it to the Chiefs all day... they might be the real deal....

17 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Boy, I don't know NC... these lions have been taking it to the Chiefs all day... they might be the real deal....

I see that you were responding to yourself, but yes, they are a good team...it's nice to see that they made Mahomes somewhat normal, at least for a day.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:36 AM, swede700 said:

I see that you were responding to yourself, but yes, they are a good team...it's nice to see that they made Mahomes somewhat normal, at least for a day.  

It was more of a joke than anything. No game in the NFC North is going to be easy, but I think most (myself included) were overlooking them to a fair degree.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lions are going to be short-handed in the backfield for a bit. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Lions running back Kerryon Johnson is expected to miss some time because of a right knee injury suffered in Sunday’s loss to the Vikings.

He suffered the injury in the first half, and didn’t return to the game. He missed the final six games of last year with a left knee injury.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/kerryon-johnson-to-miss-time-with-knee-injury/

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Quandre Diggs has been traded from Detroit to Seattle, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports. The trade includes Diggs and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick going to the Seahawks, with the Lions getting a 2020 fifth-round draft pick in return.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/lions-trade-quandre-diggs-to-seahawks/

I found that to be an odd trade.  

On Tuesday, most were surprised by the decision of the Lions to trade defensive back Quandre Diggs to the Seahawks. Diggs was one of them.

Diggs: “I was blindsided by it honestly. Me and my daughter were taking a nap and I just kept getting phone calls. Then I got on the phone with my agent and he said, ‘You’re headed to Seattle.’ I was like, ‘I’m asleep, what do you mean? It’s an off day.’ He said, ‘You got traded to Seattle.’ So, that was kind of it. I had to call the G.M. of the Lions, I called the head coach of the Lions, and they told me what it was and I’m a Seattle Seahawk. They just said they wanted to send me to Seattle, the whole [being a Detroit] team captain aspect, that’s tough. I worked my tail off for those guys in that locker room. I’ve changed the way I went about business around there. It’s tough, I love those guys, I’m going to miss those guys but, I guess that’s just how things go.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/23/quandre-diggs-blindsided-by-trade-from-detroit-to-seattle/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

On Tuesday, most were surprised by the decision of the Lions to trade defensive back Quandre Diggs to the Seahawks. Diggs was one of them.

Diggs: “I was blindsided by it honestly. Me and my daughter were taking a nap and I just kept getting phone calls. Then I got on the phone with my agent and he said, ‘You’re headed to Seattle.’ I was like, ‘I’m asleep, what do you mean? It’s an off day.’ He said, ‘You got traded to Seattle.’ So, that was kind of it. I had to call the G.M. of the Lions, I called the head coach of the Lions, and they told me what it was and I’m a Seattle Seahawk. They just said they wanted to send me to Seattle, the whole [being a Detroit] team captain aspect, that’s tough. I worked my tail off for those guys in that locker room. I’ve changed the way I went about business around there. It’s tough, I love those guys, I’m going to miss those guys but, I guess that’s just how things go.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/23/quandre-diggs-blindsided-by-trade-from-detroit-to-seattle/

At least he can take comfort in knowing he's going to a contender. Seems like a really poor move for the Lions though. And the type that doesn't endear management to the players.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

At least he can take comfort in knowing he's going to a contender. Seems like a really poor move for the Lions though. And the type that doesn't endear management to the players.

Part of the business being a lesser valued player. In the end, it’s probably a good deal for him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, vike daddy said:

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

Lions’ QB Matthew Stafford has fractured bones in his back, per sources. He now is considered week to week with an injury that one source said could sideline him for "this week or 3 weeks."

Sounds like he'll miss his 2nd straight game.