Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

And the Vikings likely will have to go to the loser of the Seahawks-49ers game next week, and will get the Cowboys at home (as I think the Eagles will still end up winning the division, unless they absolutely choke next week).  

Would be frustrating to have to go to Seattle for the 3rd year in a row. 

Do you know how the home/away rotation works for those games?

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

And the Vikings likely will have to go to the loser of the Seahawks-49ers game next week

This alone basically guarantees the Niners win in Seattle. No way the Vikings are going to get through a season without playing in Seattle. 

24 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Would be frustrating to have to go to Seattle for the 3rd year in a row. 

Do you know how the home/away rotation works for those games?

I don't know specifically how it works...but they were scheduled to play at the NFC West team in the same slot both this year and next year and last year they played the entire NFC West.  In 2021, they will play the entire NFC West again, but they get the Seahawks at home that time, and potentially in 2022 again, since they get the NFC West team at home.  I'm not sure how 2023 will look, but it's possible that they will get the NFC West team at home again (as in 2016 they had the Cardinals at home and in 2017, they had the Rams at home).  

On a different note, since it impacts me, I expect the next Vikings-Chiefs game in 2023 will be in Minneapolis, so my next shot to see a Vikings road game may be in Denver in 2023, as I'd like to make that trip (almost did the last time in 2015).  

Edited by swede700

14 minutes ago, Krauser said:

This alone basically guarantees the Niners win in Seattle. No way the Vikings are going to get through a season without playing in Seattle. 

Agreed, that'll probably be the case...I do enjoy these mini-streaks of playing the same teams outside of the division though...kind of like what they did in those several years in a row of playing against Eli and the Giants.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Lions announced a couple of weeks ago that head coach Matt Patricia would return for the 2020 season, but six of his assistants will not be back with the team. Patricia announced on Tuesday that the team has fired special teams coordinator John Bonamego, strength coach Harold Nash, linebackers coach Al Golden, tight ends coach Chris White, defensive backs coach Brian Stewart and assistant strength coach Rodney Hill.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/lions-fire-st-coordinator-john-bonamego-five-other-assistants/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lions General Manager Bob Quinn is continuing to insist he will not trade quarterback Matthew Stafford. Despite persistent talk that a Stafford trade is possible, Quinn told Tori Petry of the Lions’ website that it’s not happening.

Quinn: “He’s our quarterback. All those rumors, I’m not sure exactly where they came from, but they were, like I said before, 100 percent false.”  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/21/lions-gm-matthew-stafford-trade-rumors-are-100-percent-false/

• 4 weeks later...

Vikings safety Jayron Kearse will sign with the Lions on what Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports is a one-year, $2.75 million deal.

Last year Kearse played 25 percent of the Vikings’ defensive snaps and 53 percent of their special teams snaps. Kearse pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated last month and is likely to be suspended to start the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/19/lions-to-sign-jayron-kearse/