Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

Matt Patricia didn’t look pleased at the end of the first half, and who can blame him? The Lions kicked field goals on its first two drives after reaching the Tampa Bay 6-yard line and 8-yard line. His defense gave up a touchdown to the Bucs’ first-team offense and then watched Jameis Winston throw a touchdown for the Bucs in the second quarter.

But the worst offense for the Lions came on the final play of the first half.

The Lions lined up for a 62-yard field goal with seven seconds remaining in the half. Matt Prater‘s kick came up short, and Adam Humphries caught it in the back of the end zone and went 109 yards to the other end zone for a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/24/adam-humphries-returns-a-missed-field-goal-109-yards/

Fans aren’t optimistic after watching the Lions’ performance in preseason: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/8/26/17783230/how-worried-detroit-lions-2018-season-fan-poll

Look, we need to just admit it. The Detroit Lions have not been easy to watch this preseason. They’ve been outright bad. Their starting quarterback hasn’t produced a touchdown in eight drives. The defense has been worked over by the likes of Davis Webb, Connor Cook and Ryan Griffin.

The players supposed to take big leaps this year—namely the entire 2017 draft class—has underperformed and underwhelmed. 

27 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Dan Leach✔@DanLeach971

Just heard from a Metro Detroit limo driver that he just picked up Raiders LB Khalil Mack and he is going to meet with #Lions GM Bob Quinn Monday. Stay tuned.......

who's Dan Leach?

No idea who Dan Leach is but I don't get how this would even be allowed. He's under contract with the Raiders, wouldn't this be some form of tampering?

I also saw something on Twitter that made it sound like this was for a cameo appearance in the HBO series "Ballers" with Dwayne Johnson. 

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

No idea who Dan Leach is but I don't get how this would even be allowed. He's under contract with the Raiders, wouldn't this be some form of tampering?

I also saw something on Twitter that made it sound like this was for a cameo appearance in the HBO series "Ballers" with Dwayne Johnson. 

Players are allowed to meet with other teams with permission from their current team. 

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Perhaps I missed the part where the Raiders gave him permission, that makes sense though provided they gave it to him.

Oh, I don't know that it was stated anywhere or if the Raiders gave permission. I was merely making a statement to how to could be avoiding tampering. Considering how it was mentioned I would almost assume that the Raiders gave him permission to meet. If he does go through with the meeting and the Raiders don't raise a stink I would assume they did give permission. And if they did give permission for him to meet with other teams that is notable in itself. There had been some rumors that they may trade him so it isn't completely surprising, but giving permission would be the first concrete evidence that they really are looking towards possibly trading Mack.