Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think he'll probably just be on special teams though. I don't expect much from him.

Considering he's coming off a catastrophic injury and that we have two capable starters, there's really no need to rush him. 

Now if you're not expecting much from him because you think he's a bust, or a waste of a pick, that's entirely different and shortsighted. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Considering he's coming off a catastrophic injury and that we have two capable starters, there's really no need to rush him. 

Now if you're not expecting much from him because you think he's a bust, or a waste of a pick, that's entirely different and shortsighted. 

I'm skeptical of him ever living up to his draft status, but I don't want to write him off completely. My hope is he can make some type of impact this season, even if its just on Special Teams, and maybe by next season make that leap.

I have more faith in guys like Booth or Evans becoming capable players for us, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think he'll probably just be on special teams though. I don't expect much from him.

Lewis Cine has impressed his teammates with his intensive workouts, including Harrison Smith who said, “I was like, ‘I completely forgot he was hurt.’ I’m not even sure if I’m even supposed to talk about that. But he’s doing a great job.” 

vikings.com

but i'm sure you know better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Lewis Cine has impressed his teammates with his intensive workouts, including Harrison Smith who said, “I was like, ‘I completely forgot he was hurt.’ I’m not even sure if I’m even supposed to talk about that. But he’s doing a great job.” 

vikings.com

but i'm sure you know better.

I don't recall ever saying that I did.

But what I do know is that this football forum allows me to experience all sorts of football related opinions, even ones that I don't agree with, or ones that I didn't consider at first! 

When so much of our social media is nothing but a vast echo chamber, seeing something different is quite refreshing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

When so much of our social media is nothing but a vast echo chamber, seeing something different is quite refreshing.

lol. so it's "refreshing" to see an expressed opinion solely because it's different, even if it's at odds with first hand observation that contradicts its value as being accurate?

ok then.... let's all be refreshed!

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

lol. so it's "refreshing" to see an expressed opinion solely because it's different, even if it's at odds with first hand observation that contradicts its value as being accurate?

ok then.... let's all be refreshed!

Usually when you start a sentence/argument with "so...xyz" it falls into the realm of a logic fallacy.

Good luck with your straw man. I'll stick to football!

I think the Lions could be a surprise Superbowl team in 2023 like the Bengals were in 2021.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm skeptical of him ever living up to his draft status, but I don't want to write him off completely.

Plenty of late 1st round draft picks have busted. He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last (if he does bust). 

It is undoubtedly a big year for Cine. It is also encouraging to hear he is progressing well in his rehab from a teammate and not a team doctor.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Usually when you start a sentence/argument with "so...xyz" it falls into the realm of a logic fallacy.

Good luck with your straw man. I'll stick to football!

I think the Lions could be a surprise Superbowl team in 2023 like the Bengals were in 2021.

If the Lions make the Super Bowl, then we certainly know that the Apocalypse is upon us.

• Like 1

Which makes sense.  Who would want to stay when they spent a 2nd rd pick on you 3 yrs ago and now clearly stated that they want to move on by signing Montgomery (which I had already forgotten about and now makes me even less clear on what the hell they're doing) and drafting Gibbs. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2