Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

does that lessen Cook's value?

which i would think is a good thing for us, if we keep him and renegotiate a contract price. bad thing if we want to trade him.

But if Swift is also on the block, I think that lessens the Vikings' leverage to get him to take less. 

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

which i would think is a good thing for us, if we keep him and renegotiate a contract price. bad thing if we want to trade him.

I'm not sure if it'll have much impact with all the options at RB still available via free agency.  Zeke, Fournette and Hunt are all still available.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Probably not. Cook is productive, and a solid players. He’s just too expensive for the Vikings situation. 

Swift just sucks, and got replaced. 

• Like 1

Lions undrafted free agents:

QB Adrian Martinez, Kansas State
RB Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota — $100,000 guaranteed
WR Chase Cota, Oregon — $80,000 guaranteed
OT Connor Galvin, Baylor
OL Ryan Swoboda, UCF
G/C Brad Cecil, USF
LB Isaac Darkangelo, Illinois
CB Starling Thomas V, UAB
S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame
LB Trevor Nowaske, Saginaw Valley State
G/C Brad Cecil, USF
DT Chris Smith, Notre Dame
DT Corey Durden, NC State

Expectations are higher for the Lions than they’ve been in a long time and they won’t have to wait long for a chance to make a statement about what kind of team they’ll be in 2023.

The Lions will be in Kansas City on Thursday, September 7 to face the Chiefs in the first game of the NFL season. During an appearance on NFL Network on Friday, Lions head coach Dan Campbell shared how he felt when he learned the Lions would be part of that marquee matchup.

Campbell said he told the team’s assistant coaches before the announcement that it would be “unbelievable” to draw the Chiefs in the opener and explained why he feels that way.

Campbell: “Just because you get good work in, you play that game, you get 10 days to recover, game plan, get ready for the next opponent, and I’ll be danged if we didn’t draw it. And not only that, but we get Kansas City, the heavyweight champ. So we’re excited. I can’t tell you. The staff’s excited. I know our players are excited. I think everybody wants an opportunity to play the champ and see where you stack up. I know what Andy Reid’s about. We know what that team’s about. Highly competitive, they’re a champ. Year in and year out, they’re gonna be in the running. We’re looking forward to it. It’s gonna be great.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/12/dan-campbell-excited-to-see-how-lions-stack-up-with-chiefs-in-week-1/

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Expectations are higher for the Lions than they’ve been in a long time and they won’t have to wait long for a chance to make a statement about what kind of team they’ll be in 2023.

The Lions will be in Kansas City on Thursday, September 7 to face the Chiefs in the first game of the NFL season. During an appearance on NFL Network on Friday, Lions head coach Dan Campbell shared how he felt when he learned the Lions would be part of that marquee matchup.

Campbell said he told the team’s assistant coaches before the announcement that it would be “unbelievable” to draw the Chiefs in the opener and explained why he feels that way.

Campbell: “Just because you get good work in, you play that game, you get 10 days to recover, game plan, get ready for the next opponent, and I’ll be danged if we didn’t draw it. And not only that, but we get Kansas City, the heavyweight champ. So we’re excited. I can’t tell you. The staff’s excited. I know our players are excited. I think everybody wants an opportunity to play the champ and see where you stack up. I know what Andy Reid’s about. We know what that team’s about. Highly competitive, they’re a champ. Year in and year out, they’re gonna be in the running. We’re looking forward to it. It’s gonna be great.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/12/dan-campbell-excited-to-see-how-lions-stack-up-with-chiefs-in-week-1/

The Lions will dominate the game, be up by 14 with 2 minutes left…and lose because of a boneheaded Campbell call. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Lions rookie running back Jahmyr Gibbs, the 12th overall pick in the draft, has a “tweak” that will keep him from practicing on Saturday at Detroit’s rookie minicamp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/13/lions-rb-jahmyr-gibbs-will-miss-saturdays-rookie-minicamp-practice-with-slight-ankle-injury/

Bust.

(That's sarcasm btw.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...