Bears Cuts and Cuts Around the NFL

Sugashane

As of 6:30 CST on 08/31 Bears have not made any cuts. I figured this would be the best place to voice our (over)reactions. Also players around the NFL that interest you can be mentioned here.

Cut players who I would kick look at.

ILB - Scooby Wright III - PS bound - He's not a very good athlete but he was ALWAYS around the ball. I consider him above Time but below Kwiatkoski. I have no issues with a 2 down thrumper being on the team, and Wright will be  willing special teamer too.
S - Justin Evans

- PS bound - Donatell could work with him, he is a hell of an athlete and might be a rotational guy with starter upside.

OT/OG – Roderick Johnson - PS bound - Big strong body who could probably be best moved inside. May be RT depth once Massie is moved out.

DE - Hau'oli Kikaha - I immediately throw him in and cut Lynch. Let him try to compete against Fitts and Irving.

WR – Braxton Miller

- He was really dangerous with the ball in his hands in college, and seemed to be similarly dangerous now. Health being his major concern I would want to see what he has to offer still. With our WR depth I likely don't go for him as he wouldn't last on PS.

OT – Antonio Garcia

- I'd call him immediately. He is an agile 300 pounder with an athletic build. Still needs to get stronger, but I liken him to Leno. His combine numbers are similar to Eugene Monroe and Ricky Wagner. Let HH work with him.

Bills just cut Coleman.

I'd take him and put him on the PS. Another team likely poaches him but his talent is worth a flier for the minuscule amount he will still be owed after BUF has to pay $2 mil I think. His physical talents are immense, like Denzel Ward/Marshon Lattimore level.

I know they are CBs and he is a WR, just work with me here, ok?

Via Biggs...

#Bears have informed ILB Jonathan Anderson (groin) that he will be waived/injured. Appeared in 31 games the last 3 seasons with 3 starts and will look to latch on elsewhere as a special teamer when he's healthy.

#Bears have informed DE Elijah Norris he will be placed on waivers.

#Bears have informed RB Ryan Nall he will be placed on waivers. Would be strong candidate to re-sign to practice squad provided he clears

#Bears have informed RB Knile Davis he will be released.

#Bears have informed LB RoDerrick Hoskins he will be placed on waivers.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Via Biggs...

#Bears have informed ILB Jonathan Anderson (groin) that he will be waived/injured. Appeared in 31 games the last 3 seasons with 3 starts and will look to latch on elsewhere as a special teamer when he's healthy.

#Bears have informed DE Elijah Norris he will be placed on waivers.

Good news on Anderson. Not sure Mack would have been able to afford to pay Anderson enough to have his number.

Only 3 relative surprises thus far from my end:

1. Edebali-OLB..... I get it, he's older and we got Mack now.... but he was the top performer in a weak position during preseason my surprise isn't that he was ditched in favor of younger upside like Irving/Fitts but rather that Lynch somehow beat him out despite doing nothing here but being injured.

2. LeBlanc-slotCB  Betting on Callahan being healthy isn't a great bet, and I thought he was worth keeping around... Not sure who on the depth chart makes it over him... maybe Tolliver as a developmental guy on the outside?

3. Nall-RB Elephant in the room here and the one fans are probably the most upset over.... He started a bit slow but did everything asked of him for us in preseason, and like he said in his interview, really left it all on the field.. Didn't quite look ready for the starters, but looked like a man among boys against the nobodies in the last preseason game.... Really hoping he can somehow make it through waivers and get on the PS, and while that is probably more likely than we all think, it's still a risky move.

Not sure what all the Nall love is about, do people really just love seeing the rare white position player that much? Mizell clearly outplayed him and I think he is still even on a bit of a bubble.

Mizell is the one we need to hope makes the PS. Nall kind of just went out and played regular football.

Edebali I think was dumb. Aaron Lynch basically has proven he just doesnt have NFL durability. Not sure how we expect him to be contributing anything late and not sure but I think he doesnt even play ST

26 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Only 3 relative surprises thus far from my end:

1. Edebali-OLB..... I get it, he's older and we got Mack now.... but he was the top performer in a weak position during preseason my surprise isn't that he was ditched in favor of younger upside like Irving/Fitts but rather that Lynch somehow beat him out despite doing nothing here but being injured.

2. LeBlanc-slotCB  Betting on Callahan being healthy isn't a great bet, and I thought he was worth keeping around... Not sure who on the depth chart makes it over him... maybe Tolliver as a developmental guy on the outside?

3. Nall-RB Elephant in the room here and the one fans are probably the most upset over.... He started a bit slow but did everything asked of him for us in preseason, and like he said in his interview, really left it all on the field.. Didn't quite look ready for the starters, but looked like a man among boys against the nobodies in the last preseason game.... Really hoping he can somehow make it through waivers and get on the PS, and while that is probably more likely than we all think, it's still a risky move.

Didn’t Edebali get carted off against Buffalo? To my knowledge his injury was pretty serious.

Archived