Bears Cuts and Cuts Around the NFL

Sugashane

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I know he had a back issue in 2017 so maybe they didn’t trust that he’s fully recovered. 

Almost has to be something we don’t yet know IMO. He wasn’t cut with an injury designation, he’s 30 years old and the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history. With their receiving core I expect them to be in a lot of close games. It seems ill advised to me to dump a guy likely giving them an edge in close games. They aren’t up against the cap either ($13M under per Over The Cap). 

Something doesn’t add up to me. 

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Almost has to be something we don’t yet know IMO. He wasn’t cut with an injury designation, he’s 30 years old and the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history. With their receiving core I expect them to be in a lot of close games. It seems ill advised to me to dump a guy likely giving them an edge in close games. They aren’t up against the cap either ($13M under per Over The Cap). 

Something doesn’t add up to me. 

I'm betting he recorded himself doing a keke challenge. Ol' Jones wasn't having it.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Via Leming...

I think a lot of us are in the same boat.

I don't. It was a two year deal and it has been said many times on here that ACLs recover at different rates. We can never count on him being 100% in a year. I'd have still been fine with signing his deal, drafting Miller, and being patient with his healing process.

Of course if his knee has far more damage that makes you think it will never be near 100% then my attitude would change, but it seems Pace knew he was going to be crazy aggressive (not bashing, I've loved it) and had his eye on Miller and likely another 1-2 WRs to draft. I want the cupboards over-stocked these next 2 years.

Archived