Bears Cuts and Cuts Around the NFL

Sugashane

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Wright doesn't offer the STs value that Bellamy does, that's why Bellamy is still on the team and Wright won't be brought back.

Sadly true. Until we see a younger WR STer that can match Bellamy in that role he will have a spot here. As long as he isn't getting more than garbage time reps at WR I'm cool with it.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Couple of interesting cuts from the Bengals...Michael Johnson who we could bulk up and play as a DE and Josh Shaw who would be a solid depth player at S.

Mo Alexander would be a soild addition at S as well.

Carl Davis from the Ravens as depth at NT.

Mo would be a solid reserve.

Carl Davis is a great reserve NT option too. I'd be happy with him replacing Jenkins. I liked him pre-draft.

Johnson would probably not be much as a regular time OLB or 5T, but I think when in nickel he could rotate in and play a big role as a 3T or DE in obvious passing situations. Especially with Floyd's injury concerns. I think it is too late to try to get him to bulk up, unless you're talking in the offseason.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only wan who wants to see Braunecker converted to FB.

2 minutes ago, Bearsfancro said:

Grasu has been released...

Bad that they didn't find trade partner for a conditional pick...

About damn time.

14 minutes ago, Bearsfancro said:

Grasu has been released...

Bad that they didn't find trade partner for a conditional pick...

Who is going to give up anything for a guy like Grasu? He just isn't physical enough even for an athletic centre and with three guys who can all play guard and centre there was very little point in keeping him here...wonder if this is for Mack's spot or someone new.

Cardale Jones has been cut. So much for the talk that he was worth the 7th overall pick years ago. I said he was too stupid to be a QB, and was right.

Too bad Davis Webb has no experience in the system Daniels is a solid reserve it seems and Bray has years in it to assist in teaching the other QBs the system. He had some attributes I liked pre-draft.

We have plenty of young talent at OG, otherwise TJ Clemmings would be able to fit in well there. From the little I have seen it was speed that gave him trouble, there is a lot less space to worry about on the inside.

I thought Williams did well for us this preseason. Shouldn't get many reps but we could do worse (and have done worse  lol).

The Bears on Monday signed the following players to their 10-man practice squad: Quarterback Tyler Bray, running backs Taquan Mizzell and Ryan Nall, receiver Tanner Gentry, offensive linemen Dejon Allen and James Stone, defensive lineman Abdullah Anderson, linebacker Josh Woods, and defensive backs Michael Joseph and Jonathon Mincy.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The Bears on Monday signed the following players to their 10-man practice squad: Quarterback Tyler Bray, running backs Taquan Mizzell and Ryan Nall, receiver Tanner Gentry, offensive linemen Dejon Allen and James Stone, defensive lineman Abdullah Anderson, linebacker Josh Woods, and defensive backs Michael Joseph and Jonathon Mincy.

Happy for Bray, Gentry and Nall.  

Gentry keeps plugging despite hype and hate. I think he has talent and he deserved to make 53 last year based on camp reports, this year he didn't amongst a far more talented group unless you bounced Bellamy.  Gentry better learn how to tackle if he wants to make an NFL team.  

Bray and Nall have a lot of upside potential.  Aside from Mizzell not sure about other guys. 

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Happy for Bray, Gentry and Nall.  

Gentry keeps plugging despite hype and hate. I think he has talent and he deserved to make 53 last year based on camp reports, this year he didn't amongst a far more talented group unless you bounced Bellamy.  Gentry better learn how to tackle if he wants to make an NFL team.  

Bray and Nall have a lot of upside potential.  Aside from Mizzell not sure about other guys. 

I think Gentry will need to take Bellamy's route to play. Special teams then work his way up. Unlike Bellamy though I can see him being a solid depth player on the outside.

I don't think Bray has much potential. He might have a decnt preseason game here and there but that is all he is for IMO. That and installing the system. I can't imagine him being here come 2020, I think we try to draft a solid reserve since Daniels will be getting older.

Nall can develop into a solid bulldozer, not sure how many reps he will get with Howard killing in that role. I really hope he or Braunecker moves to FB. I want athleticism out there for Nagy's system.

Joseph is a guy I like to develop. He is a good physical specimen and has played all over as a CB, just raw. 1-2 years with Donatell and he might be the super-sub at CB, rotating in at boundary and slot CB. Looks like a poor tackler but at least seemed willing to stick his nose in there, which is hard to train than technique.

Mincy came from the Canadian league, so I assume he smells like maple syrup. Not a bad thing when you have a bunch of sweaty 250+ pound guys in a locker room. lol

Archived