Cut-Down Day

KC_Guy

LB Otha Peters is the first one to go, making room for the acquisition of S Jordan Lucas from the Miami Dolphins.

With that acquisition I wonder whether Sorensen is headed for IR.

In other news: The Chiefs currently on have 89 players on the roster (West has not been replaced by a new guy), thus only have to cut 36.

It seems like Amerson was released. So we're currently at 5 CBs. Meaning we either pick another one up via waivers, or we got another trade in coming. Another option would be a free agent signing, f.ex. Bashaud Breeland.

Zombo got cut as well, so that free'd up a bit more than 1 million in cap space.

And it seems that we'll keeping Darrel Williams. Unless Damien Williams or Spence Ware got cut, we seem to keep 4 RBs.

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Ron Parker is back.  I like this 

Weird to see him getting released, but bringing him back on a cheaper deal would be fantastic. I'm optimistic, that he can still be a contributor for us.

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

Weird to see him getting released, but bringing him back on a cheaper deal would be fantastic. I'm optimistic, that he can still be a contributor for us.

I want to see Watts get playing time, but I'm fairly confident Parker can still outplay Sorensen. Especially outside the box.

And I don't think we ever would've cut him if he was cheaper in the first place.

Archived