Cut Down Weekend

Johnny Nix

1 minute ago, theJ said:

So here's what i think happens on Tuesday

Cody Core goes to IR

Davontae Harris goes to IR

Sign MJ90 back to lower salary

Bring back K. Russell (or another CB they like more)

I think another team signs MJ.

I think we bring in an offensive lineman and a DB

6 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think another team signs MJ.

I'd be shocked.  He's not very effective at this point in his career.  A few teams may be willing to sign him to the vet minimum, but the Bengals will offer a little bit more.

7 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think we bring in an offensive lineman and a DB

If there's one available then yes.  But depth around the league is poor, so i can't see a good tackle being cut.  And it'd have to be a tackle.  I think they like the guards.

I thought Bohringer was getting a roster exemption for the year with the Europe whatever thing. Maybe it was just training camp?

I’ll miss MJ’s presence in the team but it’s time to move on, I like the back end of the roster but if there are any decent cb’s or o linemen floating around I wouldn’t think twice.

6 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

I thought Bohringer was getting a roster exemption for the year with the Europe whatever thing. Maybe it was just training camp?

I’ll miss MJ’s presence in the team but it’s time to move on, I like the back end of the roster but if there are any decent cb’s or o linemen floating around I wouldn’t think twice.

Bohringer has to be formally cut to be placed on the practice squad

10 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

I think the exemption is that they get an extra practice squad spot, IIRC.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

So here's what i think happens on Tuesday

Cody Core goes to IR

Davontae Harris goes to IR

Sign MJ90 back to lower salary

Bring back K. Russell (or another CB they like more)

I definitely think we get Russell back.  Doubtful on MJ. I didn't hear anything about renegotiating his contract.  I believe that  they truly want to move on. 

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I definitely think we get Russell back.  Doubtful on MJ. I didn't hear anything about renegotiating his contract.  I believe that  they truly want to move on. 

Maybe.  But he is a veteran and nt subject to waiver claims.  In essense, you cut him, keep a younger guy then move him to IR Recall, then bring back Johnson.  Surprised they didn't go the same route with Rey, if that indeed is what they are doing

On 9/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Beck Bristow said:

Guess they didn't have to renogiatiate. Signed the same deal to come back. 

Archived