Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

In all seriousness though, if I am a Raiders fan I would be mad too. You draft a guy at the top of the draft in hopes he is great and be the cornerstone of your team. Well Mack did all of that and some. The Raiders didnt reward him, they shipped him off. Like I can see karma coming back hard on the Raiders as they probably wont find another great player like Mack in a very long time. Like this is ridiculous. The Bears are building a great team. I love the Smith pick and now they got Mack. The Raiders need to take a page from the Bears on how to build a team.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think it's better to see the trigger pulled at the time, not looking at what happens down the road, and judging in hindsight. The two first rounders could end up being anything. The boost in cap space is nice though. 

Thats a silly short sighted opinion. 

Don’t like the Raiders trading a premium pass rusher in his prime while they’re paying their guards like 20mil a year. 

That Bears roster is stacked though. It’s all about Trubisky now.  

Cant wait to see details. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

LOL this thread. There are a bunch of hypocrites. Go read the "What would you trade for Mack thread" and the vibe is completely and totally different. 

If the Raiders just got 2 first + a player + ~$20m in extra cap space for the next 5-6 years they absolutely made the right choice. Especially because those 1st rounders could be top 10 picks.

Now lets see what they do with the 1st before we declare a winner. 

Yep the Bears are giving ~$40MM/year worth of resources in cap space and draft picks to acquire Mack. That's crazy.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

In all seriousness though, if I am a Raiders fan I would be mad too. You draft a guy at the top of the draft in hopes he is great and be the cornerstone of your team. Well Mack did all of that and some. The Raiders didnt reward him, they shipped him off. Like I can see karma coming back hard on the Raiders as they probably wont find another great player like Mack in a very long time. Like this is ridiculous. The Bears are building a great team. I love the Smith pick and now they got Mack. The Raiders need to take a page from the Bears on how to build a team.

I think he was their first quality first rounder since 2003 or something. They've drafted bust, after bust. 

This makes the Bears better, which sucks a lot, but with no firsts for at least 2 years, now paying out a franchise QB like contract while their QB is on a rookie deal, I don't see them surpassing us and Minnesota.

Mack seemed like an all in move for a contender. Multiple first rounders for a team who wasnt expected to contend doesnt make sense.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I think he was their first quality first rounder since 2003 or something. They've drafted bust, after bust. 

Yeah seriously, Mack is by leaps and bounds the best player that franchise has in a long time and they don't even keep him as long as his rookie contract.

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

There’s very little chance the Bears+Mack are picking in the top ten in the next two years.

You remember when the raiders had a losing season 3/4 years with Mack? It only takes one little injury to negate Mack completely. On the otherhand 2 first rounders and the other 3-4 mid range players you can get with $20m are much harder to neutralize. 

The number of players in the NFL worth 2 first + a player + $20m in cap space that arent a QB is 0. 

Archived