Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, the odds of the Saints and Packers picks being both in that 29-32 range are very unlikely since it'd require them both to make the NFC Championship, which doesn't seem overly likely at this point.  Add on the odds of the Bears being bottom 10 seems unlikely as well.  So you're talking about astronomically low odds at this point.  Realistically speaking, you're probably talking about one pick of the Saints and Packers being in that 26-30 range, while the other falls in that 20-24 range while the Bears pick falls in that 10-18 range.

Ill give up a 2nd Rounder to pick twice in the 10-18 range than have two picks around 25. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I know, that was the point. B|

He called the Bears/Packers debate over after one week so I did the same with JG to show how ridiculous his statement was.

Your statement didn't make my statement sound rediculous, you only made a fool out of yourself :P

Seemed pretty evident that Rodgers and Packers are the superior team right now. I was giving the bears their due by saying the bears have a better roster overall but I guess bears fans are still upset about the blown lead. Its ok, Rodgers will eventually retire :D

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Your statement didn't make my statement sound rediculous, you only made a fool out of yourself :P

Seemed pretty evident that Rodgers and Packers are the superior team right now. I was giving the bears their due by saying the bears have a better roster overall but I guess bears fans are still upset about the blown lead. Its ok, Rodgers will eventually retire :D

In 5-7 years... when most of the current Bears roster will be out of their prime.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Pool said:

Curious if any of the outspoken people in this thread have changed their minds at all? Seems to be a pretty good trade for Chicago?

It was pretty obvious that it'll be a lot better for Chicago this year. I don't know how that's debatable

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Curious if any of the outspoken people in this thread have changed their minds at all? Seems to be a pretty good trade for Chicago?

We traded a DPoY. It's not like we now just find out that the guy can play. 

As a Raiders fan it hurts to see Mack make all those plays knowing that he could have still been our player. Having said that our 1st 4 games also showed that our roster sucks. I could see us being 2-2 or 3-1 with Mack, but even with Mack we are simply not a deep playoff contender. Hopefully 4 1st round picks in the next 2 years and an extra $10-15 mio we saved by not signing Mack will help us build a team that can go for a deep run.

3 minutes ago, Roninho said:

We traded a DPoY. It's not like we now just find out that the guy can play. 

As a Raiders fan it hurts to see Mack make all those plays knowing that he could have still been our player. Having said that our 1st 4 games also showed that our roster sucks. I could see us being 2-2 or 3-1 with Mack, but even with Mack we are simply not a deep playoff contender. Hopefully 4 1st round picks in the next 2 years and an extra $10-15 mio we saved by not signing Mack will help us build a team that can go for a deep run.

I really do hope it works out for Oakland too. I remember how much it hurt watching Wilber Marshall go to the Redskins (fun fact the Bears got 2 first round picks for that) and watching him continue to dominate with the Redskins. If I'm Gruden though I'd be looking to move Amari Cooper next. 

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Not sure if I was outspoken or not, but if Mitch continues producing like he did today, the Bears will be a contender. If he produces at the level he did the first three games, they will not. Mack doesn't really change that. He's a great player, no doubt. But overall the draft capitol and the financial commitment make it hard to decide for me who won this trade, still. I really didn't like this trade for the Bears or Raiders. Bears look like they won in 2018... and honestly, no one, not one, thought it was going to be otherwise. After all, the Raiders gained absolutely nothing right now, and the Bears gained a great defensive player.

It will therefore be hard to revisit whether the trade was worth it for the Bears for another few seasons - until the impact of lesser draft capitol and cap space can be fully felt. Obviously if we're just talking 2018, the Bears won the trade.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not sure if I was outspoken or not, but if Mitch continues producing like he did today, the Bears will be a contender.

You heard it here first folks. The Bears can only be a contender if Mitchell Trubisky produces all time NFL record performances every single week.

31 minutes ago, base615 said:

You heard it here first folks. The Bears can only be a contender if Mitchell Trubisky produces all time NFL record performances every single week.

Well no, but at least at the level of your standard franchise QB. The point is, the Mitch Trubisky previous to yesterday won't cut it.

Also thanks for quoting a single line out of context and then proceed to incorrectly interpret it (My line is "if", you misrepresented it as "if and only if"). Even out of context, my line is absolutely true: The Bears would obviously be a contender if Trubisky produces all time NFL record performances every week. But that's not what I was getting at and you know it.

1 hour ago, base615 said:

That's a funny statement but you know that's not what he meant! xD

On 9/30/2018 at 7:25 PM, Pool said:

I really do hope it works out for Oakland too. I remember how much it hurt watching Wilber Marshall go to the Redskins (fun fact the Bears got 2 first round picks for that) and watching him continue to dominate with the Redskins. If I'm Gruden though I'd be looking to move Amari Cooper next. 

Why? He's an ascending talent and he's 24. 

We have room to pay him now for sure.

Short term Chicago obviously won the trade. We wont' know the long term implications until we have 3-5 years to see how the draft picks and cap space play out for us.

Drafting a good DE prospect, linebacker, and signing a top tier safety with some of the 23.5 M in space we aren't using for Mack could help the defense more than just 1 elite player. Defense is 11 players. Chicago has a lot of good ones. We have a few, but a few doesn't make a defense great. 4 pass rushing threats is much better than 3 mediocre ones and 1 elite one. Mack wouldn't do what he's doing in Chicago in Oakland either. He's getting more 1v1 blocking there.

Archived