Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why? He's an ascending talent and he's 24. 

We have room to pay him now for sure.

Short term Chicago obviously won the trade. We wont' know the long term implications until we have 3-5 years to see how the draft picks and cap space play out for us.

Drafting a good DE prospect, linebacker, and signing a top tier safety with some of the 23.5 M in space we aren't using for Mack could help the defense more than just 1 elite player. Defense is 11 players. Chicago has a lot of good ones. We have a few, but a few doesn't make a defense great. 4 pass rushing threats is much better than 3 mediocre ones and 1 elite one. Mack wouldn't do what he's doing in Chicago in Oakland either. He's getting more 1v1 blocking there.

If you are going to blow up the team for draft picks then blow it up right. Also, I just don't think Cooper is ever going to live up to his draft status and his value is probably higher now than it will be in the future.

43 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hasn't he done what he's doing in Chicago for the Raiders?

obviously he was great for us, however he did have stretches where he didnt have an impact similar to what he is doing in Chicago. For example:

2018: a total of 4,5 sacks, 0 ff and 0 int's in the first 9 games

2016:  a total of 1 sack, no int's or FF in the 1st 5 games

2015: a total of 4 sacks and no ff  or int's in the first 8 games

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He is not getting more 1 on 1s.

He is getting double and triple teamed and other guys are feasting off of it.

On every play? I have a hard time believing he's commanding more attention than Oakland. Your DL is better than ours over the past few years. 

5 hours ago, Pool said:

If you are going to blow up the team for draft picks then blow it up right. Also, I just don't think Cooper is ever going to live up to his draft status and his value is probably higher now than it will be in the future.

It's not "blown up". He's a great player, but he's one player. Trading him doesn't signify a rebuild.

Cooper is 24, he has at least 7-8 productive seasons at WR. He's still very young. I have no idea what he will or wont be, but he absolutely can be a #1 WR in this league and he has produced against #1 cornerbacks and bracket coverage, despite injuries and terrible OC's. 

What do you think we can get for cooper? Would this really be worth trading him for?

If we want to blow it up right, we'll trade Carr. Why waste his prime years on a team that has no talent that needs to build for 3-4 years. Our offense is good. We move the ball very well. If we can add on defense with draft/cap, this team could be dangerous. Not saying they will be, but this roster isn't so far off, at least watching them on the field and how they've performed against the schedule thus far. I don't really care for opinions on Gruden and the criticism of his personnel moves if people don't watch the team.

Some examples of the dividends this year on Gruden's "dsyfunctional" front office and "terrible" player evaluation:

Kolton miller has started at left tackle and has held up quite well for a rookie going against von miller, bradley chubb, cam wake, and myles garrett.

Arden Key and Maurice Hurst have been bright spots early, especially hurst.

Dwyane harris has been an excellent return man.

Jordy Nelson is playing with new life.

Just to name a few.

Not singling you out, but the hive mind around social media related to the NFL. The perceived direction of the Raiders roster is far from the truth, at least to those who follow the team closely and scrutinize their moves.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's not "blown up". He's a great player, but he's one player. Trading him doesn't signify a rebuild.

Cooper is 24, he has at least 7-8 productive seasons at WR. He's still very young. I have no idea what he will or wont be, but he absolutely can be a #1 WR in this league and he has produced against #1 cornerbacks and bracket coverage, despite injuries and terrible OC's. 

What do you think we can get for cooper? Would this really be worth trading him for?

If we want to blow it up right, we'll trade Carr. Why waste his prime years on a team that has no talent that needs to build for 3-4 years. Our offense is good. We move the ball very well. If we can add on defense with draft/cap, this team could be dangerous. Not saying they will be, but this roster isn't so far off, at least watching them on the field and how they've performed against the schedule thus far. I don't really care for opinions on Gruden and the criticism of his personnel moves if people don't watch the team.

Some examples of the dividends this year on Gruden's "dsyfunctional" front office and "terrible" player evaluation:

Kolton miller has started at left tackle and has held up quite well for a rookie going against von miller, bradley chubb, cam wake, and myles garrett.

Just to name a few.

Not singling you out, but the hive mind around social media related to the NFL. The perceived direction of the Raiders roster is far from the truth, at least to those who follow the team closely and scrutinize their moves.

I agree with this. Gruden has done fine. The team is most definitely NOT a mess, and I think one could make a very reasonable argument they are heading in the right direction. The Mack trade was simply one of those unfortunate situations that come up in the NFL that just...have to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 5:25 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Just to name a few.

I think they are blowing it up. I like it tbh. Go all in on the rebuild and see what you can do.

Archived