Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

I don't hate the move for the Raiders assuming they were well compensated. I like it for both sides. When you're in the same division as A-A-Ron, you need a guy like Mack.

I think the Raiders will suck, but not necessarily because of this move. I just don't think Gruden's going to be a good coach.

Imagine being a Raiders fan and waking up to this crap.  It's still not 6 am on the left coast.  Great for the Bears.  I hoipe, for raiders fans sake, they do something worthwhile with the picks.

And I wonder ewho the player is.  Would they really throw Floyd, another first rounder, in?

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Would have been far cheaper for the Bears to trade for Gregg Williams in that case tbh.

Lol truth.  Again I'm not saying that's going to happen and certainly not hoping for it.  My point was an over-exaggerated example of Mack's ability to change the terrain.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me hit you with a hypothetical that I truly hope doesn't come to pass.

Khalil Mack comes around the edge untouched and nails Aaron Rodgers.  He ends up holding a clipboard for multiple weeks.  Still like GB's offense better?  Do you see where I'm going with this?  Khalil Mack is a dangerous and legitimate game changer.  GB gets the nod offensively, but i don't think GB's defense gets the nod.  Khalil Mack gives the Bears an untamed ability to completely disrupt these power house offenses you're talking about.

David Bahktiari laughs at this scenario.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Lol truth.  Again I'm not saying that's going to happen and certainly not hoping for it.  My point was an over-exaggerated example of Mack's ability to change the terrain.

To actually respond, your logic throughout the thread has been circular.

"If the Bears win the SB, they won this trade"
"If Mack injures the other team's best player, then the impact makes the trade worth it."

Neither of those are likely scenarios.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

they trade him and hope their new draft picks can come close to the impact that Mack has in games.

They hope the two 1st rounders + the player they got + the 3-4 more players they are going to be able to sign will be able to make that impact. ~7 starters/role players vs 1

Archived