Question of the day: how happy are you now we didn’t hire Gruden back? 9.1

REDandPEWTER

That whole situation was such a ****show. Half the fanbase wanted Gruden. Almost everyone was ready to kick Koetter to the curb.

That 10 year contract seemed bad back then when everyone just assumed Chucky would make the Raiders the oldest team in the league. Now he's gone and traded a top five defender in the league.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

That whole situation was such a ****show. Half the fanbase wanted Gruden. Almost everyone was ready to kick Koetter to the curb.

That 10 year contract seemed bad back then when everyone just assumed Chucky would make the Raiders the oldest team in the league. Now he's gone and traded a top five defender in the league.

He not only traded him But he alienated him And the defense so I’m not sure what Gruden approach is. The swirling rumors of Bruce Allen coming in to replace mckenzie who is really behind the Oakland raider rebuild. I give it a year before McKenzie “leaves the team”. 

ii like Dirk and although he may not be here long term, Gruden would have blown up our roster and make a lot of bad personnel decisions and would have phased out Licht  

I mean im glad that we didn't but still have no idea what will happen when the season starts (although its looking pretty bleak).

I really don't think the trade was that bad because of the situation they are in IMO.  But I feel he should have been able to get a bit more compensation for a guy like khalil.  

Also a suggestion for another good daily Q could be who would you be the most disappointed about if we traded them from the bucs?  Player etc...  I dont know who does Sunday but if no one I can make it for tomorrow 

48 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Also a suggestion for another good daily Q could be who would you be the most disappointed about if we traded them from the bucs?  Player etc...  I dont know who does Sunday but if no one I can make it for tomorrow 

Do it.

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I mean im glad that we didn't but still have no idea what will happen when the season starts (although its looking pretty bleak).

I really don't think the trade was that bad because of the situation they are in IMO.  But I feel he should have been able to get a bit more compensation for a guy like khalil.  

Yeah but Mack is not someone you want to get rid of. Gruden didn’t seem to care. 

Mack is an elite talent that he didn’t want to pay. 

Then he gives up a 3rd round pick for Bryant who was just cut yesterday. 

Koetter may not be the answer but inking Gruden would have been a nightmare. 

14 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah but Mack is not someone you want to get rid of. Gruden didn’t seem to care. 

Mack is an elite talent that he didn’t want to pay. 

Then he gives up a 3rd round pick for Bryant who was just cut yesterday. 

Koetter may not be the answer but inking Gruden would have been a nightmare. 

Chucky would've traded Mike Evans before he paid him. Oof.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to blame Gruden. Mack was holding out, we don't know how negotiations went. Haven't even played a game let alone a good 2-3 seasons to really assess the new Gruden era there and people already throwing him under the bus, crazy. 

19 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to blame Gruden. Mack was holding out, we don't know how negotiations went. Haven't even played a game let alone a good 2-3 seasons to really assess the new Gruden era there and people already throwing him under the bus, crazy. 

You didn’t see the rams go off and trade Donald. Mack is a stud and franchise player. Don’t trade players like that especially Grudens draft history. 

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You didn’t see the rams go off and trade Donald. Mack is a stud and franchise player. Don’t trade players like that especially Grudens draft history. 

I can assure you Gruden did not make the decision to trade him on his own. 

Archived