Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Same goes for Smith...again GB you are going to face a lot of passing situations and with Mack's pass rushing ability and how good Smith is in coverage both are well worth being active for 3rd down alone.

Our run game is a joke, the Packers are a one dimensional team. Mack and Smith will earn their keep next week. This is the first time in a long time that I'm not confident about beating the bears. It's a struggle to beat you guys when you're a sub 500 team, now with all the weapons you guys are better than us on paper.

38 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Our run game is a joke, the Packers are a one dimensional team. Mack and Smith will earn their keep next week. This is the first time in a long time that I'm not confident about beating the bears. It's a struggle to beat you guys when you're a sub 500 team, now with all the weapons you guys are better than us on paper.

It’s hard enough to win on the road yet alone in primetime. I expect GB to win but I expect the Bears to cover the spread. I don’t expect Smith and Mack to play a ton and I expect the Bears to struggle some offensively. 30-24 Green Bay.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

To be fair, your team's "one dimension" is a HoF QB that picks apart defenses like they where nothing, and I'm not supremely confident in our secondary, despite it largely being returning players and your skill position group being heavily overhauled.

My biggest other concern is frankly Joshua Jackson at corner, who has been playing out of his mind from what I've been reading.... Trubisky has been coached to be more and more aggressive with the new system, and has tons of weapons, but neither he, nor the receivers necessarily have the perquisite experience that you can really feel comfortable going up against a really strong corner.  This will be Trubisky's biggest test thus far, and Jackson could easily end up with a pick or two... which isn't really something I think we can afford a whole lot of vs A-Rod.... I'd also add that this ends up being a pretty "must win" game for both teams looking to make a statement to start the season. GB I think knows they need this game to assert itself as a threat to Minnesota, and Chicago has hype levels through the roof right now so we need at the very worst to play this game incredibly close.... I think if either team ends up laying an egg and getting blown out it's going to be extremely hard, if not impossible to bounce back from.

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

So he’s good?

It sure sounds like it, doesn't it? Makes me even more psyched they made the trade! 

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I think if either team ends up laying an egg and getting blown out it's going to be extremely hard, if not impossible to bounce back from.

Ehh, I dunno. It's only one game. Mack may not even play, and if he does, he definitely won't be up to speed. I agree with you that the game is important, but crucial--the first game? I don't think so...

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

To be fair, your team's "one dimension" is a HoF QB that picks apart defenses like they where nothing, and I'm not supremely confident in our secondary, despite it largely being returning players and your skill position group being heavily overhauled.

My biggest other concern is frankly Joshua Jackson at corner, who has been playing out of his mind from what I've been reading.... Trubisky has been coached to be more and more aggressive with the new system, and has tons of weapons, but neither he, nor the receivers necessarily have the perquisite experience that you can really feel comfortable going up against a really strong corner.  This will be Trubisky's biggest test thus far, and Jackson could easily end up with a pick or two... which isn't really something I think we can afford a whole lot of vs A-Rod.... I'd also add that this ends up being a pretty "must win" game for both teams looking to make a statement to start the season. GB I think knows they need this game to assert itself as a threat to Minnesota, and Chicago has hype levels through the roof right now so we need at the very worst to play this game incredibly close.... I think if either team ends up laying an egg and getting blown out it's going to be extremely hard, if not impossible to bounce back from.

I’d be more worried about rookie corners if they 1) weren’t rookies and 2) the team they were on had a pass rush. A good pass rush makes corners and the Packers pass rush is mediocre at best.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

The Packers have caused Bears fans nonstop frustration for 25 years. I want to see this video basically become a reality.

Amen. Hopfully it's getting there man. I'm being cautious because everytime it seems to be looking better.....the unfortunate happens.

but I can honestly say that it's been a long damn time since I have been this hyped about the start of a season. A season in which that I don't even think is going to be a playoff year. I'm just excited to see the pieces start to fall in place and where it can take us.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

"I wish I was Jay Cutler. Getting paid to smoke cigars and watch deer cam."

Amazing. lol

Lol. I have watched this a few times already and omfg.  

Whoever did this.....well done! And I have thought these Hitler videos were getting played out to be honest.

Archived