Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

Just read an article on how Jason Staley the OLB coach helped tutored Mack up to speed before his first game. Just cool reading articles about local guys from my area. Same Area as Trub. Crazy, remember watching him playing QB for my school district when I was in 7th grade. Dude was a stud QB. Family was full of great athletes. 

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Just read an article on how Jason Staley the OLB coach helped tutored Mack up to speed before his first game. Just cool reading articles about local guys from my area. Same Area as Trub. Crazy, remember watching him playing QB for my school district when I was in 7th grade. Dude was a stud QB. Family was full of great athletes. 

Cool story.  I'm assuming the bolded part is Trubisky you're talking about and not Staley?

57 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Cool story.  I'm assuming the bolded part is Trubisky you're talking about and not Staley?

No, Staley. I watched Trub in college. Trub was an out of this world kind of Talent.  The things I saw him do in HS was unreal. It’s a shame tOSU had their QB picked out because he would have looked damn good in Urbz system. Staley was a damn good QB in HS on his own right. I think he lost only one maybe two regular season games as a starter. Senior year he lost in the playoffs in the first round in a triple OT game. To a damn good private school. We were a public school.  Long snapper botched the snap and the kick was shanked because of it. I believe he was a scholarship QB for Dayton or Mercyhurst. I can’t remember for which school.  He had a twin brother who was a WR who was pretty good but not nearly as good as His brother. His youngest brother, I played  with. He was a decent QB. When we got to HS he went to a private school mainly for basketball. Dude was a stud baller. He was 2nd string QB to Ricky Stanzi in HS lol. He ended up playing D3 basketball because of his size. He ended up running the Memphis grizzly youth camps for a couple of years.

• 3 months later...

So.... I just came across an insane statistic and I wanted to get your collective thoughts.

Guess how many holding flags Khalil Mack has drawn from opposing offenses this season.

Just guess.

1. Mother ******* 1.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:44 PM, Epyon said:

To be fair, your team's "one dimension" is a HoF QB that picks apart defenses like they where nothing, and I'm not supremely confident in our secondary, despite it largely being returning players and your skill position group being heavily overhauled.

My biggest other concern is frankly Joshua Jackson at corner, who has been playing out of his mind from what I've been reading.... Trubisky has been coached to be more and more aggressive with the new system, and has tons of weapons, but neither he, nor the receivers necessarily have the perquisite experience that you can really feel comfortable going up against a really strong corner.  This will be Trubisky's biggest test thus far, and Jackson could easily end up with a pick or two... which isn't really something I think we can afford a whole lot of vs A-Rod.... I'd also add that this ends up being a pretty "must win" game for both teams looking to make a statement to start the season. GB I think knows they need this game to assert itself as a threat to Minnesota, and Chicago has hype levels through the roof right now so we need at the very worst to play this game incredibly close.... I think if either team ends up laying an egg and getting blown out it's going to be extremely hard, if not impossible to bounce back from.

Funny how obsessed a lot of you were with Jackson going into the season, even though you knew his tackling was average and his speed was terrible... and now, Packers fans are already sick of him. I can’t say I blame him. His rookie year has been a dumpster fire

1 hour ago, G08 said:

So.... I just came across an insane statistic and I wanted to get your collective thoughts.

Guess how many holding flags Khalil Mack has drawn from opposing offenses this season.

Just guess.

1. Mother ******* 1.

Heard that on Hoge and Jahns earlier. That’s pretty sad. He was held so often yesterday. 

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

So the fact that the NFL officials have only called ONE holding call on an offense blocking Khalil Mack doesn't piss anyone else off?

Yeah but what can you do about it, just move on a get to the next play/game. 

1 hour ago, Pool said:

And that he has been exactly as good as advertised. Amazing.

I knew he’d be good, but i never imagined he’d be THIS good.  I guess it’s just been so long since we’ve had a defender capable of consistently completely taking over a game.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Funny how obsessed a lot of you were with Jackson going into the season, even though you knew his tackling was average and his speed was terrible... and now, Packers fans are already sick of him. I can’t say I blame him. His rookie year has been a dumpster fire

Pettine and injuries have screwed Jackson over big time. He should be outside on every snap.  They have played him so much at the nickel and that's not his forte.  Hes  Sherman clone and should be in cover 3 40% of the time or more.  He also is a bit of a gambler so he needs at least competent safety play up top.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Pettine and injuries have screwed Jackson over big time. He should be outside on every snap.  They have played him so much at the nickel and that's not his forte.  Hes  Sherman clone and should be in cover 3 40% of the time or more.  He also is a bit of a gambler so he needs at least competent safety play up top.

He should be a safety.

Archived