Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

Allbright made a good point regarding context of the value of the 2 first rounders: Which teams wouldn’t give up their last 2 first rounders for Mack? 

Especially if you’re talking teams NOT taking a QB during that time. Can’t think of a single one that wouldn’t do that deal. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Allbright made a good point regarding context of the value of the 2 first rounders: Which teams wouldn’t give up their last 2 first rounders for Mack? 

Especially if you’re talking teams NOT taking a QB during that time. Can’t think of a single one that wouldn’t do that deal. 

Some jamoke said they'd keep Bolles and Chubb over Mack xD

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The best point is NO giving up two 1's for Marcus Davenport.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Two 1's and a player is what we all fully expected. My bet is Kwiatkoski, Goldman or Trevathan.

Either of the latter two make sense though I’d rather DT than Goldman. If it’s TWO FIRSTS and... our 3rd ILB... that’s be pretty surprising to me. 

Nobody is or will say it’s not risky and bold, but it’s all in on a plan to win titles. The Cutler trade didn’t work out long term but I will ALWAYS respect Angelo’s decision to be bold and go for it. History may show Pace to be the worst GM in Bears history in 10 years but he will always have my respect for going full bore in his vision for the team. 

Some division rivals have said that this move won't impact the Bears because of Trubisky or this and that.

I think this was a great move by Chicago, and major props go to your front office for pulling it off, especially when Green Bay was said to be very interested in him.

I think Mack pushes Chicago into the playoffs this year. You'll be this years Cinderella team, and I'm going to hate every second of it. ?

Congrats

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Either of the latter two make sense though I’d rather DT than Goldman. If it’s TWO FIRSTS and... our 3rd ILB... that’s be pretty surprising to me. 

I would be surprised if the Bears trade Goldman.

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Nobody is or will say it’s not risky and bold, but it’s all in on a plan to win titles. The Cutler trade didn’t work out long term but I will ALWAYS respect Angelo’s decision to be bold and go for it. History may show Pace to be the worst GM in Bears history in 10 years but he will always have my respect for going full bore in his vision for the team. 

Pace made the bold move but it still gets back to Trubisky developing into a top 10 NFL QB for the Bears to takeoff. 

2 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Pace made the bold move but it still gets back to Trubisky developing into a top 10 NFL QB for the Bears to takeoff. 

They’re a perennial playoff contender with an elite D and an average QB. They’re a perennial SB contender with an elite defense and a top 10 QB. 

Archived