Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

You know what makes me laugh? When I heard the news we just finished breakfast and I was doing dishes, my wife was cleaning the front room and the kids were helping put dishes up. My wife was listening to one of her playlists.

What was she listening to?

Extreme - More Than Words

So now I will always connect the song with the Berars getting Mack. lol

3 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Packers fans weren't paying attention to what the Bears were doing before, at all.

Now they're squirming just a little bit.

They're still not going to take the Bears seriously unless they get a good *** whooping laid on them.

I think there are a lot of Packer fans who fail to realize how Rodgers-centric their team is. Adding Mack goes a long way in neutralizing some of his greatness. Not AT ALL saying it makes him not great (before any Packer fans misinterpret) - just saying it gives the Bears a completely legitimate counterpunch in that matchup we haven’t had since 2011 or so. With this add our defense has the chance to be scary good. Like 2017 Jacksonville good. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You know what makes me laugh? When I heard the news we just finished breakfast and I was doing dishes, my wife was cleaning the front room and the kids were helping put dishes up. My wife was listening to one of her playlists.

You know what that song is about, right? 

???

23 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think there are a lot of Packer fans who fail to realize how Rodgers-centric their team is. Adding Mack goes a long way in neutralizing some of his greatness. Not AT ALL saying it makes him not great (before any Packer fans misinterpret) - just saying it gives the Bears a completely legitimate counterpunch in that matchup we haven’t had since 2011 or so. With this add our defense has the chance to be scary good. Like 2017 Jacksonville good. 

The Packers are a .500 team at best without Rodgers.

They don't worry about the Bears because they don't think Trubisky is any good, but these people are part of the only fanbase in the NFL who, if they're under 30/35, have zero idea what it feels like to have to put blind faith in a QB.

Hey guys Vikes fan here just wanted to say congrats on Mack. Mack, Floyd, and Smith are the New Monsters! Should be an even better year now for you guys. Still think you are a year or two off but the team is definitely coming together. To me the best part of this deal is it just keeps making Rodgers life hell lol:D

I'm beyond excited that Mack is a Bear but at the same time I can't help but have that feeling of buyer's remorse considering what was given up to get him. Of course a lot of these feelings stem from the Cutler trade a few years back seeing how that didn't work out as we all envisioned and set us back a few years. 

One thing I'll say that's different with this trade is that we know Mack is a top-3 defensive NFL talent and former DPOY whereas Cutler was just a young QB with great talent and potential but also highly unproven when that trade was made.

Here's to hoping this trade reaps lots of success for this team in the next 2-3 seasons. Still curious to see who the player is that they gave up in this deal in addition to the two 1st rounders.

7 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

Hey guys Vikes fan here just wanted to say congrats on Mack. Mack, Floyd, and Smith are the New Monsters! Should be an even better year now for you guys. Still think you are a year or two off but the team is definitely coming together. To me the best part of this deal is it just keeps making Rodgers life hell lol:D

Thanks man. 

How do you feel about its potential impact on Cousins? 

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm truly sorry for you.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Still curious to see who the player is that they gave up in this deal in addition to the two 1st rounders.

I still haven't seen any word on that, either. Seems weird...

Timu being released makes me think the add player is not Trevathan or Kwiatkowski. 

If it’s Kevin White I’m gonna legit belly laugh for like an hour. 

Realistically though with the Mack trade from the Oakland side almost surely being about cash flow I have to think it’s a guy not making a huge salary either now or on a forthcoming extension either. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:
5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Still curious to see who the player is that they gave up in this deal in addition to the two 1st rounders.

I still haven't seen any word on that, either. Seems weird...

If the reports are true and Pace/Mack are working out the contract details(which takes hours) then we probably get the full trade details around 4. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Timu being released makes me think the add player is not Trevathan or Kwiatkowski. 

If it’s Kevin White I’m gonna legit belly laugh for like an hour. 

Realistically though with the Mack trade from the Oakland side almost surely being about cash flow I have to think it’s a guy not making a huge salary either now or on a forthcoming extension either. 

I'd lose my mind if it was KW.  We have a log jam at wr right now anyway.  Not that he'd be fighting for spot 1-3 anyway but he's not a need.  Giving you Mack should land us a starter at a position of need.  I would love Trevathan.  

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm truly sorry for you.

It's cool. I will just pretend it was Jack Black and Jimmy Fallon's version.

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

I'd lose my mind if it was KW.  We have a log jam at wr right now anyway.  Not that he'd be fighting for spot 1-3 anyway but he's not a need.  Giving you Mack should land us a starter at a position of need.  I would love Trevathan.  

Trevathan is who my bet is on. I have no real reason other than Smith can do it all and Kwiatkoski is a solid two down thumper/young guy that Pace drafted though.

Archived