Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

How can anyone not like this move? Reality is Mack will be better than anybody they would've drafted next year. Expectations for the Bears are what 7-9 wins? Based on this years draft that would put the Bears in the 12-20 range. If for soe reason Mack was entered into the 2019 draft he would be picked first. No doubt you would add a 2020 1st round pick to move from 12 up to 1. Add in we like to think we have our franchise QB already, a very good RB and very solid set of WR's. Our defense is very strong as well. No brainer!

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It's cool. I will just pretend it was Jack Black and Jimmy Fallon's version.

Trevathan is who my bet is on. I have no real reason other than Smith can do it all and Kwiatkoski is a solid two down thumper/young guy that Pace drafted though.

My bet is Amos.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

LMAO.

Needs sharing:

9 minutes ago, Totty said:

Giving you Mack should land us a starter at a position of need.  I would love Trevathan.  

Trevathan is a good possibility both in likelihood, and as a quality player for you guys to get. He'll have to be re-signed soon, but he still can play. 

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Trevathan is who my bet is on. I have no real reason other than Smith can do it all and Kwiatkoski is a solid two down thumper/young guy that Pace drafted though.

I'd prefer it to be Roquan...but maybe that's just me being greedy.  lol

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

I'd prefer it to be Roquan...but maybe that's just me being greedy.  lol

I said when rumor started that I would offer up 2 1sts and a player that was not one of our premier blocks or Smith, 2019's 1st, and a 3rd or so in 2020.

I stand by it. Sounds like two firsts and a player, so I am hoping not Smith.

If I were in your shoes though, I'd be hoping the same. lol

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Can I ask why? 

Younger, faster, more upside.  Smith was the trendy Raiders pick in mocks before the draft.  Many experts (FWIW) outright said that if Smith was there at 10, he was going to be out pick given the position of need.  He wasn't, our backup plan was McGlinchy, we ended up with Miller.  Oh well.  

I just think that Smith will be better than Trevathan and has more time to develop into what we need at MLB.  I honestly see a star in the making with Smith.  Trevathan is no slouch though.  

14 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

LMAO.

Needs sharing:

Trevathan is a good possibility both in likelihood, and as a quality player for you guys to get. He'll have to be re-signed soon, but he still can play. 

Best thing Fallon has ever been part of.

Second is the lip sync off with Emma Stone. That was purely successful due to that goddess though... lol

2 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

I doubt Trevathan is in the deal. Timu and Anderson were let go. Unless they are going to bank on Joe Iggy n Kwit?‍♂️?‍♂️

Pace has got the balls to bank on that. IDK. I still maintain Acho is a solid back up ILB, even if it is just a projection on my part.

You're right though, I did not think of that. Either should be damn easy to re-sign though if they don't find someone worth snagging in the cuts.

The other player has to know by now, right? It’s been like 5 hours. Legitimately surprised that information is not out yet. From either side. The Raiders fans are super pissed. So are the players. You would think the trade return leak would be a big part of their damage control. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

The other player has to know by now, right? It’s been like 5 hours. Legitimately surprised that information is not out yet. From either side. The Raiders fans are super pissed. So are the players. You would think the trade return leak would be a big part of their damage control. 

I dont think the compensation will lessen the anger(at least for the short term).  You could give us every pick in the next 2 drafts and we still wouldnt be guaranteed to get the production that Mack offers.  You guys will be giving up a lot(in theory) to get him, but Mack is an absolute guarantee that you cant really put a price on(well you can at around $23 mil).  So although the draft will be a bit more exciting the next two seasons, knowing Mack is gone will not ever be exciting.  I will now watch the Bears(cant cheer for them too much as our picks are better if youre worse), but I will cheer for Mack and the Bears after we get our picks.  For sure more bitter than sweet today.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think some fans on the fence right now are going to feel a little better when they see the actual deal. #Bears

Now yeah it's Leming but if it's true you have to wonder if maybe something is coming back along with Mack.

Not saying you are wrong, but what do you think might come out that will change how people feel?

Archived