Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

11 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

First, I was wrong, obviously.

Secondly, people said moving up for Trubisky would make or break Pace’s career, but THIS is what will do it. Moving two 1s is an unrecoverable folly if this doesn’t pan out.

Do you not like this move because the Bears lose 2 1's and then pay Mack 24 million? The thing is are the Bears a Super Bowl team with Khalil Mack? I still don't think they are as the NFC looks strong.

10 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Do you not like this move because the Bears lose 2 1's and then pay Mack 24 million? The thing is are the Bears a Super Bowl team with Khalil Mack? I still don't think they are as the NFC looks strong.

I don’t not like the move, it’s just an “end justifies the means” thing. Two 1s is a hefty price.

I’m not comparing Mack to Cutler in terms of talent, but you guys are forgetting the jubilation hours after moving two 1s versus how you felt a few years after moving two 1s.

This tradenlolks great now but you can’t grade it until later. That’s all I’m saying.

7 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I don’t not like the move, it’s just an “end justifies the means” thing. Two 1s is a hefty price.

I’m not comparing Mack to Cutler in terms of talent, but you guys are forgetting the jubilation hours after moving two 1s versus how you felt a few years after moving two 1s.

This tradenlolks great now but you can’t grade it until later. That’s all I’m saying.

Obviously QB > OLB in terms of importance but Cutler was more potential than anything else. He was coming off of a PB year, but it was as an alternate and IIRC, it was after a 25 TD/18 INT year, which isn't fantastic by any means.

Mack is a 2x AP, 3x PB, and 1x DPOY and has never missed a game. You are right though. The jubilation is through the roof now but all that matters is what this franchise looks like on February 5, 2022, because after all, Trubisky's growth is still FAR more important than this acquisition. If he never develops, it'll mean nothing.

The Saints traded two 1's for a rookie from UTSA. The Bears traded two 1's for perhaps the best defensive player in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears aren't a SB contender right now. They will be for the 2019 season. Expect growing pains for the offense throughout most of this year, IMO.

Well boys. Congratulations. I am heartbroken. You just landed the second best player on D in the entire league in his prime. He is the best run defending DE and an absolutely ruthless passrusher. He is a great leader, has never had any concerns on or off the field, and has also never been injured. He is literally the perfect player and you are going to love him for the next 6+ years. 

I would highly suggest buying his jersey. You will not regret it.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Well boys. Congratulations. I am heartbroken. You just landed the second best player on D in the entire league in his prime. He is the best run defending DE and an absolutely ruthless passrusher. He is a great leader, has never had any concerns on or off the field, and has also never been injured. He is literally the perfect player and you are going to love him for the next 6+ years. 

I read that the salary cap space wasn't the issue for OAK rather the cash flow thanks to the $350m+ they are spending for the move to Vegas. Am I reading that correctly?

My "Spider Sense" is going off big time, but probably just used to the years of bad Bear's luck so "Debbie Downer" warning here.

I figure the Raiders have been tracking Mack's time in various recovery places, such as ice packs, hot tubs, trainer massages, over the course of his time with the team and they have an analytic that tells them his arthritic knees are about to rear their ugly heads and were not willing to risk a big contract on a guy with knees close to going on social security.

If nothing else Pace has shown himself to be very BOLD. Admiral Halsey who won the Pacific theater was bold. So was Custer.

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wow. Raiders fans are classy. 

Archived