Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

2 minutes ago, bkokot said:

Not saying you are wrong, but what do you think might come out that will change how people feel?

I think if it is a player we aren't relying on such as DT along with 2 1st for say Mack and a 3rd no one hould be upset with that.

As much as I've criticized the compensation, Vic Fangio shut down the Packers when he was with the 49ers by:

1. Two-deep shell to prevent big plays

2. Press on the outsides to disrupt timing

3. Get after Rodgers to change the launch point

Coming off of the Trestman era, I said that it was futile to try to boat race Green Bay, and that the Bears needed to hunt Rodgers to win the division. The thing I actually am pumped up for is I hope this team absolutely (in a football sense) bodybags Rodgers twice a year. I want that guy coming off of the field, flipping out on his linemen, and throwing his helmet and Surface Pros. He needs to be rattled and demoralized for 60 minutes twice per year.

17 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I dont think the compensation will lessen the anger(at least for the short term).  You could give us every pick in the next 2 drafts and we still wouldnt be guaranteed to get the production that Mack offers.  You guys will be giving up a lot(in theory) to get him, but Mack is an absolute guarantee that you cant really put a price on(well you can at around $23 mil).  So although the draft will be a bit more exciting the next two seasons, knowing Mack is gone will not ever be exciting.  I will now watch the Bears(cant cheer for them too much as our picks are better if youre worse), but I will cheer for Mack and the Bears after we get our picks.  For sure more bitter than sweet today.

I don’t know that the info will make anyone on your end feel better. I’m just surprised they aren’t giving the fans something on which they can try to draw focus. Best player being traded away, and crickets? That just seems like bad PR. 

42 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Best thing Fallon has ever been part of.

Second is the lip sync off with Emma Stone. That was purely successful due to that goddess though... lol

Haven't seen the lip sync battle with Emma, but gotta agree on the goddess part. Fallon's musical stuff is genius. Him singing "Whip My Hair" as Neil Young (accompanied by Bruce Springsteen portraying a younger Bruce Springsteen) is hilarious. Fallon as Jim Morrison, with The Doors doing a version of the Reading Rainbow theme is probably the coolest thing ever.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if it is a player we aren't relying on such as DT along with 2 1st for say Mack and a 3rd no one hould be upset with that.

I'm fine with that without the 3rd in return. I think if we're looking to get a pick back, it would be for a player younger than Trevathan, though. 

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The Cutler deal was for 1 firsts, a 3 and Orton for Cutler and a 5. I wonder if we don’t see a similar swap of later picks in lieu of including another player. 

That might be okay. I really want them to hold onto next years' 3rd, though.

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

I'll be heated.

You mean angry, I'm assuming? Why would that be? 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

That might be okay. I really want them to hold onto next years' 3rd, though.

You mean angry, I'm assuming? Why would that be? 

Absolutely.  This deal if we were going to do it SHOULD have been done before the draft to lessen the anguish.  To not have a single thing to show for it until this time next year.... No.  I would hope for a player that fills a need right now, then attempt to profit next offseason.  

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Absolutely.  This deal if we were going to do it SHOULD have been done before the draft to lessen the anguish.  To not have a single thing to show for it until this time next year.... No.  I would hope for a player that fills a need right now, then attempt to profit next offseason.  

Ah, as a Raider fan you will be heated, makes sense.

Archived