Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

6 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

Probably no JHoward included in deal... Ryan Nall released.... I'm guessing Amos if player was included since Obi flopped and was cut by Oakland

I doubt Nall would be a deciding factor. If Nagy felt Cunningham could carry the hold while Cohen continues his role. Not that I think trading Howard would happen anyhow.

Just now, Totty said:

Absolutely.  This deal if we were going to do it SHOULD have been done before the draft to lessen the anguish.  To not have a single thing to show for it until this time next year.... No.  I would hope for a player that fills a need right now, then attempt to profit next offseason.  

Gotcha. Well, in the Raiders' defense, they probably felt good about Mack coming around and not holding out--back in the spring. Things are obviously different now. 

15 minutes ago, Totty said:

Absolutely.  This deal if we were going to do it SHOULD have been done before the draft to lessen the anguish.  To not have a single thing to show for it until this time next year.... No.  I would hope for a player that fills a need right now, then attempt to profit next offseason.  

At that point the Raiders didn’t know that the contract standoff would get to here and had the time window in their favor to maybe not even accept this deal in April even if offered then. 

56 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Haven't seen the lip sync battle with Emma, but gotta agree on the goddess part. Fallon's musical stuff is genius. Him singing "Whip My Hair" as Neil Young (accompanied by Bruce Springsteen portraying a younger Bruce Springsteen) is hilarious. Fallon as Jim Morrison, with The Doors doing a version of the Reading Rainbow theme is probably the coolest thing ever.

I'm fine with that without the 3rd in return. I think if we're looking to get a pick back, it would be for a player younger than Trevathan, though. 

Ever thought you could get a chub listening to Blues Traveler?

Now you can!!!

For the Bears faithful and GB haters... we have to think from management perspective in terms of comp... 

Draft picks are OVERVALUED to make the NFL world go round... when you get a chance to aquire a future HOF.. You do it!!! We can all past judgement as armchair GMs, but when you look at 1st round picks they are 50/50 hit or miss. If a QB only hits on 50% of his attempts he is out the league. Pace is a Gm that has endured KWhite in the 1st(health problems), LFloyd(health problems), Trubisky outperformed by Watson(handicapped by HC), KLong(health problems), Kyle Fuller(health problems until contract year)... There is not an exact science to building a SB Contender but Pace believes we are closer than ppl think..

On all the forums GB is trashing US after this trade with reference to Trubisky... 

NFL Final Four Last Season 

Bortles= JACKSONVILLE

Keenum= MINNESOTA 

Foles= Philadelphia 

Trubisky projects to be better than all QBs mentioned aboved... 

The top 10 overachieving defense Fangio HAD has improved vastly by signing a TOP 3 defender in the league..

Team that had no wr last year now has a logjam in Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, and Wims.... White(if healthy and not included in the deal.) 

The RB depth chart is JHoward, Human Joystick, and Cunningham.

I think this year the Bears get national recognition and improve greatly... 

When ppl say you still have to pay him... Who wouldn't pay a player on Defense that's makes the other 10 players that much better.. the only ppl that look for "bargain hunts" are Media and Fans

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Why on earth would you feel better about trading Howard than one of our ILB's? 

People often were sayign he was a terrible fit for Nagy's offense, as if it is static and cannot be adapted - like Martz's system was due to him being a tard.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Everyone is guessing LB's but watch it turn out to be Howard or something? Which I would actually feel a bit better about it.

I wouldn't.  Howard is a key player for this team and one of the more underrated RBs in the NFL.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Trade official, source tells ESPN:

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

So Bears get back second-round pick, too

tenor.gif

Take this ALL DAY!!

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Why on earth would you feel better about trading Howard than one of our ILB's? 

1) I don't think DT has enough trade value and I don't wanna lose Smith.

2) I don't see the Bears giving Howard a 2nd contract anyhow.

3) One-dimension RB's in the modern era don't have as much value and similar talent can be found in later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Trade official, source tells ESPN:

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

So Bears get back second-round pick, too

So: 

2019: no 1, 2 or 6

2020: no 1 or 3, two 2 and maybe two 5?

ALL. DAMN. DAY. 

??????????????

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

That's much better. We still have a 3rd in 2019 and 2 2nd round picks in 2020 without giving up a player.

I feel much better about this.

Archived