Bills cut Corey Coleman; signed by Patriots

.Buzz

33 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but the Browns have hit on more than that. Haden is definitely more than a maybe. There was a point in time where he was one of the best CBs in the league, but injuries started to add up. He's still a solid CB for Pittsburgh, though. Then there's guys like Phil Taylor (who was good but injuries ended his career), Danny Shelton (maybe not worth a first round pick but still a damn fine DT), and then guys like Courtney Brown, whose career was derailed by injuries. Winslow and Edwards also had some good years, so I wouldn't say they were total busts - just never quite lived up to their draft billing... although some of those reasons were off the field related.

But yeah, your overall point rings true. I'm just nitpicking. :)

Winslow and Braylon had exactly one good year for the Browns. Phil Taylor washed out of the league in four seasons. Danny Shelton was traded to the Patriots for peanuts. If these aren't busts to you, your definition is a bit different than I find most fans' to be. But either way I think we can agree their careers fell far short of what the Browns were hoping for.

I don't consider Joe Haden a bust, but a Browns fan tried to convince me of that fact once and I didn't want to have that discussion again lol

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Winslow and Braylon had exactly one good year for the Browns. Phil Taylor washed out of the league in four seasons. Danny Shelton was traded to the Patriots for peanuts. If these aren't busts to you, your definition is a bit different than I find most fans' to be. But either way I think we can agree their careers fell far short of what the Browns were hoping for.

I don't consider Joe Haden a bust, but a Browns fan tried to convince me of that fact once and I didn't want to have that discussion again lol

Eh, K2 had a couple of good years for us, one of those being an elite season. And a couple of pretty good years for Tampa. Edwards a few solid years for us, and one elite one. Again, they definitely didn't live up to expectations - no denying that - but they weren't complete busts either.

Shelton was good for us. I wouldn't say being traded for a third round pick is "peanuts". Gregg Williams just wanted DTs who could get after the QB, which isn't Shelton's game. He's just great at taking up space and stopping the run. One of the best in the league at that, IMO. He's a key reason why we had one of the best run defenses last season. He's just not the most complete DT out there.

As for Taylor... like I said, his career was derailed by injuries. His career didn't end due to a lack of talent.

There's different level of busts, IMO. Guys like Gilbert and Mingo are complete busts because they just sucked. Guys like I mentioned before weren't necessarily bad players, but they didn't quite live up to their draft billing due to injuries, off the field issues, etc.

Archived