Around the League

.Buzz

5 hours ago, pwny said:

I will say I don’t miss him getting into a tizzy and not finishing routes at the end of games. Took all of one game for him to start quitting on routes when the defender didn’t bite on a double move.

He's going to have that type of body language/continue quitting on things to with Trubisky me thinks. That guy has some serious inaccuracy issues himself.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Which is also lame tbh because I thought Trubisky had a solid night overall. He's definitely improving.

Yeah, he started off really good but he was missing some throws pretty badly in the 2nd half. Not sure what happened but...

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Which is also lame tbh because I thought Trubisky had a solid night overall. He's definitely improving.

Trubisky is just really inconsistent i think.  He does at least have the natural ability to throw nice accurate footballs sometimes though.  He looked like Alex Smith in that offense for a lot of that game, just dicing things up with tons of accuracy and timing.  And then he'd have those deeper throws that just completely sail and looked like he was hesitant to even pull the trigger...like young Alex Smith especially.

He is still really raw though.  Have to remember this is essentially only the guy's 3rd year as a starting QB.  He's only got 2 years under his belt.  Really a 1 year starter in College and then thrown right into the NFL last year.  And he's got a new offense each of these 3 years basically.

I don't think he's got the mettle to be a real "star" QB, but i could definitely see him refining some of that deep ball game and turning into another Alex Smith.  He doesn't have that dynamic gunslinger like Bortle, but he seems better suited to the sort of precision timing and placement stuff that ARob could really thrive on.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

To be fair...judging by how that season opener went for them and the way they legitimately thought Peter Man was going to be a starting caliber QB somehow, the Bills brass may have waived the guy because he might've been too good.

21 hours ago, Tugboat said:

To be fair...judging by how that season opener went for them and the way they legitimately thought Peter Man was going to be a starting caliber QB somehow, the Bills brass may have waived the guy because he might've been too good.

That's certainly fair. They clearly don't really have a great system for gauging talent up there.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, hopefully that type of divisional game with the high intensity it was all game brings KC down a peg next week.

I'm a tad worried based on how we've struggled to contain some QB's who can run with Mahomes though. It's clear as day that he can escape the pocket easily, we have to contain him so he doesn't get outside the pocket and extend plays. If we let that happen, it's going to be tough to win unless Bortles has another big day.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Jags said:

I loved Karl Joseph in the draft, and i wouldn't turn down a player like that for free.  But Safety is a spot where i'd say we're actually pretty alright for quality depth.  Wouldn't want to use assets to further bolster that position with a guy who wouldn't really see the field.

Amari Cooper kinda makes sense, in that our WRs are the most underwhelming collection of #3ish guys.  But he'd really be more of the same.  Frustrating, inconsistent #2ish guy.  Maybe a little bit of an upgrade, but there's a reason the Raiders are reportedly looking to move him.  He's been pretty disappointing.  And the price is probably going to be higher than it should be due to draft pedigree and all that.

Both useful players, but if we don't get our OLine situation sorted out...probably don't do much for us right now.  Not really what i'd be eager to spend assets on at this juncture.

Archived