Just about done with this regime!

whodatworm23

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

For sure. That's always been the case defensively for the Saints.

Lack of depth is a result of bad drafts and poor money mangement. 

As far as overhyped positions...

WR:

Thomas is a stud but Snead will need to prove himself as more than just a 3rd pocession WR this year. Ginn will cost this team at least 1 game with his drops and that could cost this team a shot at the playoffs. Coleman appears to be one of those camp superstars that will disappear when the lights come on and the game actually means somethjng. Lewis is a ok player but i dont think hes as good as many think he is. Fleener is horrid.

OL: 

Theres no depth and injuries will be a deterent for this unit all year.

Pass Rush:

Outside of Jordan and some interior push from Rankins, there is none. Kikaha will provide a little but the lack of pass rush will once again hold this team back.

DB:

This is the unit everyone seems to feel has made a drastic leap but im not seeing it. They wanna trade Breaux cause he cant stay healthy but will replace him with a guy in PJ Williams go played in 1 game of a possible 36 in his career thus far due to injuries. Lattimore cant stay on the field either. Harris and Crawley have improved but there still best suited as 3rd and 4th guys on the depth chart. Moore has regressed. Vaccaro looks like a linebacker now, Bell is solid but could see his time on the field diminish due to Williams ball hawking ability.

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, and trade him for what/who? So many deficiencies, so few people to actually go get. So you trade apples for apples.

Or in Payton's case, you trade beautiful honey crisp apples (Cooks) for a banana (draft pick).

Payton will continue to trade away this teams future to save his own you know what until the day hes fired.

Just now, SSK said:

Trading Breaux would be a mistake. His contract barely registers in the top 52. His value is maybe a 6th round pick; Id rather just keep him and hope he plays this year. 

Well I don't think he'll be traded now. Those rumors stemmed from Payton being frustrated with how slowly he was recovering from a bruise. Now that they know it's a break I think Payton is fine with letting him heal.

We can't trade him until he's healthy anyways.

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Well I don't think he'll be traded now. Those rumors stemmed from Payton being frustrated with how slowly he was recovering from a bruise. Now that they know it's a break I think Payton is fine with letting him heal.

We can't trade him until he's healthy anyways.

True.

Those two press releases didn't help morale in the locker room though. You publically label a player soft then have to revise that the next day to say your internal Drs are **** canned. 

This guy fought his way into the NFL from a broken neck and gets called out for being soft. Psychological retardation inside the Front Office needs to be the next press release. 

1 minute ago, SSK said:

True.

Those two press releases didn't help morale in the locker room though. You publically label a player soft then have to revise that the next day to say your internal Drs are **** canned. 

This guy fought his way into the NFL from a broken neck and gets called out for being soft. Psychological retardation inside the Front Office needs to be the next press release. 

Yep. If Payton manned up and apologized to Breaux that helps a lot. That stuff gets around the locker room and I'm sure would blow over quick if Payton just did what's right.

something tells me he didn't though, and it's business as usual.

Payton: Loomis will go through candidates to replace Drs on staff that were let go

— Steve Geller (@SteveGellerWWL) August 16, 2017

Payton: Breaux has been real diligent. Wants to get healthy and compete. I was pushing him on info I was given

Thats about all the "sorry" from Payton that will be seen publicly. 

5 minutes ago, SSK said:

Payton: Loomis will go through candidates to replace Drs on staff that were let go

Payton: Breaux has been real diligent. Wants to get healthy and compete. I was pushing him on info I was given

Thats about all the "sorry" from Payton that will be seen publicly. 

Yup. I don't think it needs to be public really. Just pull him aside, apologize and tell him you want him back when he's healthy.

its gonna work both ways, breaux needs to realize it's nothing personal. Payton did mess up by going public with his frustrations, but he also has nothing to go on besides what the doctors tell him.

28 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yup. I don't think it needs to be public really. Just pull him aside, apologize and tell him you want him back when he's healthy.

its gonna work both ways, breaux needs to realize it's nothing personal. Payton did mess up by going public with his frustrations, but he also has nothing to go on besides what the doctors tell him.

Its more of Paytons relationship with the local fans right now... As you said, Breaux battles back from a broken neck with no college experience and Payton openly lables him soft then we find out the truth... This leads locals who know the true backstory of how Keenan Lewis's injury was handled now see that what Lewis jas been saying all alomg is likley true. Breaux and Lewis are home grown guys who have a deep connection within this NOLA community and when Payton does **** like this it gets taken personnly not only by thr players but by the locals as well who are invested in these hometown guys. Its a big reason why the Saints shy away from LSU players for the most part in the draft. It creates a dynamic that Payton dont want to deal with. He basically put his entire foot in his mouth with how he handled this situation and is now finding out that doing so on the heels of 3 7-9 seasons is followed by the backlash from fans he hasnt yet dealt with here.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Its a big reason why the Saints shy away from LSU players for the most part in the draft.

THAT'S WHY! I always wondered what it was, but I never thought about this. I would bet that you are spot on with this reasoning. We tend to side with our 'hometown heroes' over the coach and the organization, so they try not to bring in too many of them.

8 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

THAT'S WHY! I always wondered what it was, but I never thought about this. I would bet that you are spot on with this reasoning. We tend to side with our 'hometown heroes' over the coach and the organization, so they try not to bring in too many of them.

You got it.. And louisiana locals are very defensive of their local stars. Payton is aware of this, so it is definitely a negative during the draft process if 2 prospects are closely graded.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, whodatworm23 said:

Its more of Paytons relationship with the local fans right now... As you said, Breaux battles back from a broken neck with no college experience and Payton openly lables him soft then we find out the truth... This leads locals who know the true backstory of how Keenan Lewis's injury was handled now see that what Lewis jas been saying all alomg is likley true. Breaux and Lewis are home grown guys who have a deep connection within this NOLA community and when Payton does **** like this it gets taken personnly not only by thr players but by the locals as well who are invested in these hometown guys. Its a big reason why the Saints shy away from LSU players for the most part in the draft. It creates a dynamic that Payton dont want to deal with. He basically put his entire foot in his mouth with how he handled this situation and is now finding out that doing so on the heels of 3 7-9 seasons is followed by the backlash from fans he hasnt yet dealt with here.

Never looked at it like that. I can definitely see that happening with Payton. 

Lewis's situation was a complete and utter **** up. 

Hopefully Breaux has a better outcome. 

16 hours ago, SSK said:

Never looked at it like that. I can definitely see that happening with Payton. 

Lewis's situation was a complete and utter **** up. 

Hopefully Breaux has a better outcome. 

Big Parcells (Payton's mentor) once said [refering to his conatant team hoping] "when you stay in one place for too long your defiencies become more and more magnified and no ones perfect".

This is whats happening with Payton here in NOLA... Yes hes a great offensive mind and yes he has brought this franchise to heights never seen before but hes also done some very sketchy stuff along the way. Hes burned bridges with players, fans and media and when you go 7-9 three straight years your bullcrap gets harder and harder to swallow by the people who ultimately pay your salary despite your past success. 

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Big Parcells (Payton's mentor) once said [refering to his conatant team hoping] "when you stay in one place for too long your defiencies become more and more magnified and no ones perfect".

This is whats happening with Payton here in NOLA... Yes hes a great offensive mind and yes he has brought this franchise to heights never seen before but hes also done some very sketchy stuff along the way. Hes burned bridges with players, fans and media and when you go 7-9 three straight years your bullcrap gets harder and harder to swallow by the people who ultimately pay your salary despite your past success. 

It all makes alot of sense. 

A new H.C. would clean up most of the mess that's piled up. 

Pete Carmichael would make a good O.C. for a new H.C. 

Archived