Just about done with this regime!

whodatworm23

1 hour ago, SSK said:

It all makes alot of sense. 

A new H.C. would clean up most of the mess that's piled up. 

Pete Carmichael would make a good O.C. for a new H.C. 

I think if a move is made its got to be a clean sweep... Yes Carmichael would make a good OC but a complete change of attitude and approach is necessary and you wont get that but keeping a guy like him... The players would need to know that the old days are officially over and a changing of the guard is here. 

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think if a move is made its got to be a clean sweep... Yes Carmichael would make a good OC but a complete change of attitude and approach is necessary and you wont get that but keeping a guy like him... The players would need to know that the old days are officially over and a changing of the guard is here. 

Yeah I get that. I like Pete though. Lol 

On 8/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, whodatworm23 said:

I understand what you're saying, but if it was up to me I would keep Pete. Bring in a defensive head coach and allow our offense to continue as usual since they are familiar with Pete and his playcalling

4 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I understand what you're saying, but if it was up to me I would keep Pete. Bring in a defensive head coach and allow our offense to continue as usual since they are familiar with Pete and his playcalling

I'm not sure a new HC would jive with that, unless it was the only way to keep Brees onboard or he was totally inept offensively.

I'd imagine a new HC would want to bring his own guys in, maybe I'm wrong though

51 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm not sure a new HC would jive with that, unless it was the only way to keep Brees onboard or he was totally inept offensively.

I'd imagine a new HC would want to bring his own guys in, maybe I'm wrong though

I think you're correct.

I'd keep Pete though. lol 

If I'm firing Payton I'm firing all of his guys too. Complete start over, with a couple of exceptions who are clearly not a part of Payton's guys (like a Mike Nolan for example, he just joined and if the new coach wanted to keep him as a LB coach, that's cool). 

I think we're gonna have a good year this year though and everyone will stay until Brees' retirement.

25 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

If I'm firing Payton I'm firing all of his guys too. Complete start over, with a couple of exceptions who are clearly not a part of Payton's guys (like a Mike Nolan for example, he just joined and if the new coach wanted to keep him as a LB coach, that's cool). 

I think we're gonna have a good year this year though and everyone will stay until Brees' retire.

Im pretty much in agreement with you but i also realize that this team and regime is far from out of the woods. I havent seen anything in thr preseason that says this team is any better than any of the other teams in out division and i also feel of all the teams in the NFC South, the one team that can least afford a rash of injuries would be the Saints so to me there margin for error is much smaller than the other teams in their division which puts them at a disadvantage going in... Sean Payton is a long way away from being off the hot seat IMO.

19 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Sean Payton is a long way away from being off the hot seat IMO.

Agreed. But the defense improving is the biggest thing that could go right for him. If we're 8-8 or 9-7 but our defense is outside the bottom 8 or so, Payton comes out of all this looking pretty alright. If we go 8-8 or 7-9 with a bottom 3 defense again, he's gone.

I think improvements and projection are more important to Payton's security than his record. Benson and Loomis want to keep him around so they're gonna give him a long leash. Any reason they can think to keep him around.

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed. But the defense improving is the biggest thing that could go right for him. If we're 8-8 or 9-7 but our defense is outside the bottom 8 or so, Payton comes out of all this looking pretty alright. If we go 8-8 or 7-9 with a bottom 3 defense again, he's gone.

I think improvements and projection are more important to Payton's security than his record. Benson and Loomis want to keep him around so they're gonna give him a long leash. Any reason they can think to keep him around.

I once agreed with that logic but that leash has gotten really short recently. Payton has FAR less job security than Loomis. The one attribute Benson values above all else is loyalty and Payton has shown that he'd bail if he had the opportunity to do so. 2 seasons in a row he didnt get traded to another franchise solely due to compensation issues, not Payton's unwillingness to go.

Archived