Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel like the Bears are going to throw everything they've got against us early and attempt the whole shock and awe approach.  Nagy's first game, he's not going to want to appear too conservative, so I feel like they're going to let Trubisky take some early shots against our young secondary and that they're going to throw everything at Rodgers early as far as blitzes and try to get a few quick three and outs.

While waiting for one of the Packers preseason games, I watched a Bears preseason game, and the announcers basically said they're not going to show what they got planned for week 1 and your comments match what I was thinking they were hinting at but not trying to say. They have some surprises up their sleeves and are inching to pull them out. 

I'm guessing spread and speed, and interesting way of using their speed RB ... or their speed and power RBs on the field at the same time with deep routes.

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

While waiting for one of the Packers preseason games, I watched a Bears preseason game, and the announcers basically said they're not going to show what they got planned for week 1 and your comments match what I was thinking they were hinting at but not trying to say. They have some surprises up their sleeves and are inching to pull them out. 

I'm guessing spread and speed, and interesting way of using their speed RB ... or their speed and power RBs on the field at the same time with deep routes.

Good thing Pettine said basically the same about our defense not showing much.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Jeez... you make it sound as scary as when the Klingons got their cloaking device perfected!

27 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Jeez... you make it sound as scary as when the Klingons got their cloaking device perfected!

Well the Bears head coach has a good offense system, and they're smart, and have pieces... only question is how long does it take those pieces to come together.

Packers MIGHT have a huge advantage in that they got a young QB, who I don't think is yet trained in all the trains to the trade and Pettine has some great tricks and their OL might be average.

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Well the Bears head coach has a good offense system, and they're smart, and have pieces... only question is how long does it take those pieces to come together.

Packers MIGHT have a huge advantage in that they got a young QB, who I don't think is yet trained in all the trains to the trade and Pettine has some great tricks and their OL might be average.

Definitely a good thing to play the Bears Week 1 IMO. This Bears team will be much better in November/December than September with all their new toys and coach.

Archived