Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

During the off season there was discussion about AR’s pending extension and how much an organization could outlay to the QB position and still maintain a viable/balanced - winning - roster.  So gonna track this data for each game this year. Now - when one part of that equation is the highest paid QB / player in the league - its fairly obvious how the percentages will start out - but lets just do this thing. 

Game 1 - CHI @ GB

GREEN BAY OVERALL QB CAP OUTLAY: 12.51%

Aaron Rodgers  -  11.54% 

CHICAGO OVERALL QB CAP OUTLAY: 6.08%

Mitch Trubisky  -  3.57%

6 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

Obviously pumped to beat the Bears this Sunday but im wondering how week 1 will shake out and the rest of the season, it seems like everyone who isnt doing top to bottom record predictions is expecting all of the NFC north to be 10+ wins which just isnt possible

Gun to my head, I'd give you these range predictions: 

Vikings: 11-13 wins

Packers: 10-12 wins

Bears: 7-9 wins

Lions: 6-8 wins 

I think the North will be tough, as in no 5-11 teams or worse this year. That being said, I see the division title race as a two-horse race. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Our defense will be better than many suspect and our offense is going to start slower.

GB: 24

CHI: 16

Last year our defense opened up the season with a dominant effort at home against Seattle. Pretty much our defense's best game of the year last year. Hopefully, that's an opening day trend...

Thinking about matchups, I think our Corners match up pretty well against them with our improved Group. King on Robinson, Alexander on Miller, and Tramon(assume hes starting) on Gabriel. I think the guy to watch is Burton against Martinez or Brice, could be the matchup they look to go with from the start to try to attack us. Other than that they will test Alexander a lot I am thinking, hopefully the kid holds his own, which I have no doubts he can handle the slot.

Archived