Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

Who are going to be the #4 and #5 receivers for the game against the Bears? I doubt that there has been any indication from the coaches. My guess would be Marquez Valdez-Scantling as #4 and J'Mon Moore #5. But maybe Equanimeous St. Brown will be #5. It will be interesting to see what these guys look like with Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Who are going to be the #4 and #5 receivers for the game against the Bears? I doubt that there has been any indication from the coaches. My guess would be Marquez Valdez-Scantling as #4 and J'Mon Moore #5. But maybe Equanimeous St. Brown will be #5. It will be interesting to see what these guys look like with Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. 

I'd probably keep only 4 up honestly. MVS being 4. 

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

EQ is the only one other than Yancey that ran in the slot in preseason. I imagine he is Cobb's backup. 

I'd guess we have 6 WRs active and JMon inactive.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

EQ is the only one other than Yancey that ran in the slot in preseason. I imagine he is Cobb's backup. 

I'd guess we have 6 WRs active and JMon inactive.

This. Davis will be active, otherwise he was worthless to keep on the roster. Moore will be inactive. Only question is if ESB will be. 

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Robinson isn't the fastest guy on earth, so Jackson would likely match up ok on him as well.

I really like our secondary with these receivers and Trubisky.  

Looking for Trubisky to throw the "Jay Cutler Special" a few times.

Yep, I am fully expecting 2+ INTs this game. Offensively, our run game struggles a little without Jones and Adams has a big game. 

31-16 Packers 

35 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Yep, I am fully expecting 2+ INTs this game. Offensively, our run game struggles a little without Jones and Adams has a big game. 

31-16 Packers 

About 1/3 of Ty Montgomery's total career production has been at the expense of the Chicago Bears.  

2 hours ago, Greg C. said:

At this point, I think it's safe to say they don't really view Trevor Davis as anything more than a return man.  But I'm not sure they're going to activate 5 WRs, unless they add ST value.  So ESB seems like a fairly safe bet to be a healthy scratch, since you're not going to put a high priority on Cobb depth.  Could easily slide Davante Adams or Jimmy Graham into that role if push came to shove.  MVS probably gets the nod over J'Mon Moore based on ST value and how they played in the preseason.  My guess is ESB and Moore are healthy scratches.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not expecting as much defensively as a lot of people.  I don't think it will be until about November that we see the defense start playing well.  We're counting on a lot of young guys in the secondary.

I don't expect it to be dominant right away either, but I have a good feeling Pettine won't make us look bad and put the defense in the right positions compared to Capers.

I think the time is now to get Valdez-Scantling into the mix. He looked very confident in the preseason, and they say he's learned a lot about the offense. But you guys are probably right that the other two rookies are not likely to see any action. I had forgotten that Jimmy Graham will most likely line up as a receiver when they go five wide. 

Archived