Raiders trade a fifth for QB AJ McCarron

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Knowing the system is overrated.

Welp, it is if you are awful. Like Cook and Manuel...

Something had to be done, I don't disagree with that. A 5th round pick I vehemently disagree with..

In all honesty, this is Raider reality: If Carr goes down anything they might be in 2018 is utterly flushed. Manuel, Cook or McCarron won't change that. On most teams the backup won't change that. A handful of backups in the entire league can change that on genuinely good and well coached teams. The Raiders aren't one of those on their best day of their best week of their best year.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is a 5th for a backup, that bad? I’d trade a 5th for a reliable backup. Teddy’s a backup on a one year deal and went for a 3rd.

Teddy has Top 10 Potential still and the Saints are probably thinking there is a very slim chance he could be their next Franchise QB.

McCarron is not a starting caliber QB in this league by any means. Give me Bridgewater all day every day.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Teddy has Top 10 Potential still and the Saints are probably thinking there is a very slim chance he could be their next Franchise QB.

McCarron is not a starting caliber QB in this league by any means. Give me Bridgewater all day every day.

I’m a big Teddy fan...but right now his “top 10 potential” is quite long. And he’s on a one year deal, so unless they’re going to franchise him with Brees still under contract, it’s sort of an odd “next franchise QB” situation. He still needs to prove a lot.

I’d take Bridgewater over McCarron too, but using a 5th round pick on a backup QB is hardly a waste. McCarron is exactly that - a solid backup QB.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

LOL we get an actual asset for a guy that cannot play. Amazing, thanks Gruden.

You did great facilitating value out of quarterbacks who weren't going to play for you this year between this and the Taylor trade

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The obvious answer here is to start posting Gruden memes.

No.

Everyone needs to remember the NFL News forum is different.   Please read the forum guidelines for the NFL news forum.  Members should discuss the news and keep the jokes, memes, trolling, and other garbage out of the NFL news discussion.

Archived