Raiders trade for AJ McCarron

BayRaider

8 hours ago, holyghost said:

For a 5th. For potentially, a Maurice Hurst.

Bill Callahan was dead on all those years ago - dumbest team in football. Or was it dumbest sports franchise on earth? Either works.

lol guys like hurst don’t fall to the 5th every year. Actually a lot of back up QBs get drafted in the 5th. Heck some get taken in the 3rd. 

Compared to the plowing  the bears gave, this isn’t bad. 

7 hours ago, Chali21 said:

lol guys like hurst don’t fall to the 5th every year. Actually a lot of back up QBs get drafted in the 5th. Heck some get taken in the 3rd. 

Compared to the plowing  the bears gave, this isn’t bad. 

That's good spin. Except for the part where the rest of all of the league sees clearly we are abysmal in trades and trade value. Really, all offseason and for the larger part as long as I can recall. 

Not nearly enough value received in K. Miller trade back, in a trade with a QB needy team.

Trade up for 3rd rounder Parker who is a 4th round prospect.

5th for McCarron should be 7th, for a guy likely to be released.

3rd for Bryant, a guy facing lifetime suspension, thrown directly in garbage.

Trade up for Cook, thrown directly in garbage.

For Mack, took less than 2 1sts in a trade where the whole narrative was based on an "offer we can't refuse". Where the whole narrative for more than 24 hours was "2 1st round picks PLUS".

I don't care what billionaires and millionaires do with their money, and don't nitpick small losses in trades. But this team and organization is a continual embarassment and the evidence is plain to see for the whole NFL right now, fans, media, and other teams included.

This is on Reggie more than Gruden. He has shown an inability to get value in trades in past years. The reason our defense is still bad is because of poor drafting by Reggie. How many of his picks are still on the roster? For awhile, it looked like he really knew what he was doing but I’m not so sure anymore.

2 hours ago, holyghost said:

That's good spin. Except for the part where the rest of all of the league sees clearly we are abysmal in trades and trade value. Really, all offseason and for the larger part as long as I can recall. 

Not nearly enough value received in K. Miller trade back, in a trade with a QB needy team.

Trade up for 3rd rounder Parker who is a 4th round prospect.

5th for McCarron should be 7th, for a guy likely to be released.

3rd for Bryant, a guy facing lifetime suspension, thrown directly in garbage.

Trade up for Cook, thrown directly in garbage.

For Mack, took less than 2 1sts in a trade where the whole narrative was based on an "offer we can't refuse". Where the whole narrative for more than 24 hours was "2 1st round picks PLUS".

I don't care what billionaires and millionaires do with their money, and don't nitpick small losses in trades. But this team and organization is a continual embarassment and the evidence is plain to see for the whole NFL right now, fans, media, and other teams included.

Miller and Bryant are bad trades, TBH i wouldn’t have done it. The Raiders should have gotten more, but then again the jets got a third for teddy who’s proven in the nfl. So who know what goes on behind closed doors. Bryant I’ve never liked, bad attitude and inconsistent. It would have been a bad trade either way too me. 

Parker is a total unknown so i can’t really pass judgement because if he anchors the right side then it’s a win. But we’ll see. 

With the QBs, Cook was considered a 1st round talent by many his fall to the 4th was a huge surprise. The Raiders wanted to do the GB thing and draft QBs to possibly develop and trade away. Cook was thought to be that guy, problem was that the Cowboys liked him too. everyone and their moms knew Romo was on his last legs in Dallas, Cook was their guy so the Raiders needed to trade up. All or nothing pretty much confirmed that. Unfortunately it didn’t work out, but if it did the Raiders look like genius’s.  Macaron makes sense too honestly. Backup QB is a huge question mark and Carr has been injured the past two seasons, he’s clearly not durable. Macaron may not be great but he’s a better back than the previous options. Now as for the trade, we have no idea who else was interested in him, could have been a few teams we don’t know but that could drive up price. Also if you wait for a guy to be cut then you let him have control. Maybe Macaron doesn’t want to come to Oakland maybe he signs with some team with a shaky starter like Miami then the raiders have to enter the season with Manuel and Cook. When you trade you insure you get your guy. 

Now Mack...i hate it. To me it’s almost as bad as the Palmer trade. It sends a bad message, that you won’t get paid here. It says they don’t value stars. And it reeks of gruden’s ego. Outside of jj watt and Aaron Donald he’s the best, there’s no way that the Raiders reproduce that. TBH i feel like some died. 

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

This is on Reggie more than Gruden. He has shown an inability to get value in trades in past years. The reason our defense is still bad is because of poor drafting by Reggie. How many of his picks are still on the roster? For awhile, it looked like he really knew what he was doing but I’m not so sure anymore.

It’s just frustrating Raiders finally get a real defensive coordinator and and projected interior pass rushers and ship off Mack 

18 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It’s just frustrating Raiders finally get a real defensive coordinator and and projected interior pass rushers and ship off Mack 

I know, I was optimistic that we were a 10 win team until yesterday.  The loss of Mack and cutting Bryant and the potential he possessed will cost this team multiple wins this year.  I was very excited to see what Mack could bring now that he appeared to have interior help with Hurst and Hall.  Lack of interior pass rush and a terrible secondary are the reasons he hasn't been among the sack leaders every year and I feel like both of those areas have been upgraded this offseason.  

Like I said the loss of Bryant stings on many levels too.  Loss of a 3rd round draft pick, although I was on board at the time of the trade knowing the risk/reward.  More importantly than the pick is the loss of a tremendous young talent.  You want to give players like MB the benefit of the doubt but their disease usually gets the best of them.  Losing him has put a massive dent in our WR core.  Having a physical stud like MB would have opened up this O, taken pressure off Coop and allowed him to have his best year to date plying in the slot.  He would have had a stellar year there but now he is back to being our #1 X which he is not.  Any fantasy footballers steer clear of Coop as he will be up to his old disappearing act for games on end again this season.  

I posted a few months ago this was a 10 win team but after yesterday I feel like our ceiling is now 8 and 8.

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

This isn't McCarron related, but I try to think about it the other way. AT LEAST we have a decent DC and interior rush now that he's gone. Imagine without those.

Archived