49ers Jerick McKinnon tears ACL; done for season.

Dr LBC

Lmao.  So 2 days ago in my paid fantasy league, some idiot offered me McKinnon + Dion lewis + Randall Cobb for stefon Diggs + Isaiah crowell + Julio Jones (but he said I could replace Julio with Keenan Allen if I wanted to lollll).  He thought he could try to rip me off cuz I'm the new guy in the league.  I told him that was a horrible deal for me and countered with Diggs + crowell + his choice of either Paul richardson or Michael Gallup for Mckinnon and he turned me down

Right now I'm just so glad this dude tried to play me and wouldn't accept a fair offer.  Seems like that's what he gets for being greedy 

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Teddy Bridgewater in 2016.

I feel for McKinnon. He lost his chance to shine this year.

That turned out to be a blessing in disguise though because it eventually led to us getting Kirk, even if we did give up a 1st round pick we could have really used going forward 

6 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

That turned out to be a blessing in disguise though because it eventually led to us getting Kirk, even if we did give up a 1st round pick we could have really used going forward 

This will be a blessing in disguise for them next year when they draft one of the best RBs in the country (whoever that is) with their first round pick.

3 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Ouch. With a guy like McKinnon who has such explosive traits (see combine statistics), you have to wonder what this is going to do to the guy's career. What a terrible thing for '9ers fans. 

At least they still have Jimmy G.

Really time to see if Breida can live up to the hype and raw ability he seemed to have

Just now, Forge said:

Really time to see if Breida can live up to the hype and raw ability he seemed to have

And especially with the offense the '9ers seemed like they could've run at a high level with McKinnon, this is a big blow. As another underneath target I'd imagine they've got to be looking for Pettis to step up alongside Trent Taylor to fill the production he could've had out of the backfield.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Non factor IMO. A blessing for the niners

to go out and find a better back. 

Morris and Breida are both better runners, though obviously neither brings the versatility that McKinnon does in the passing game. It's definitely something Breida can develop, but I don't know if he's going to get that in year 2. But I've never been overly impressed with McKinnon the runner. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Morris might surprise people. It took him some time to get going but last year he got in a nice rhythm and was putting together some good games.  Having a full season of sharing the field might be a good thing for the 49ers. Still sucks for McKinnon. This was to be his big season after that contract. 

Archived