49ers Jerick McKinnon tears ACL; done for season.

Dr LBC

Poor McKinnon. I like the guy; funny, full of life and personality, and really came into his own the last few years. He earned a lot of respect from Vikings fans with his performances last season. I wish him the best with his recovery and hope to see him out on the field next year.

Can the 49ers afford Bell's tag? His stock must be rock bottom at the moment, he could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick I'd imagine? For 1 year of Bell, in what could be an instrumental year for Jimmy G and a season where you could possibly contend, I'd do that deal with no hesitation if I'm Lynch. Steelers may as well try to get get something for Bell.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can the 49ers afford Bell's tag? His stock must be rock bottom at the moment, he could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick I'd imagine? For 1 year of Bell, in what could be an instrumental year for Jimmy G and a season where you could possibly contend, I'd do that deal with no hesitation if I'm Lynch. Steelers may as well try to get get something for Bell.

we have 40 million in cap space I believe. Should be enough to sign him long term, especially since McKinnion is easily cut after this season with little/no deadmoney.

I can tell you that we probably wouldn't offer more than a third, which I don't think they will take

4 hours ago, N4L said:

we have 40 million in cap space I believe. Should be enough to sign him long term, especially since McKinnion is easily cut after this season with little/no deadmoney.

I can tell you that we probably wouldn't offer more than a third, which I don't think they will take

Eh I wouldn't want him long term, but if the 49ers did, why wouldn't they offer more than a 3rd if you think you're getting an elite RB for the next several years?

As a 1 year rental though, yeah can't go higher than 3rd or 4th. You're probably right the Steelers wouldn't take it, which is unfortunate because that's just a lose-lose-lose. Steelers lose Bell for nothing, Bell loses possibly a whole season (even if he's active final 6 no telling if they actually use him), and 49ers lose chance at upgrading backfield (and you can replace 49ers with any RB needy team with cap space).

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Eh I wouldn't want him long term, but if the 49ers did, why wouldn't they offer more than a 3rd if you think you're getting an elite RB for the next several years?

Because he probably wants something like 18 million a year and traditionally running backs grow on trees when your last name is shanahan. 

Shanahan:  “Since the day we signed him [McKinnon], we’ve been game planning for Minnesota. So I’m not going to lie — it changes things pretty drastically. That was our first target in free agency, so once you do it, you have a plan on how to use him, especially going into Week One.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/06/kyle-shanahan-jerick-mckinnon-injury-changes-things-pretty-drastically/

On 9/6/2018 at 7:45 AM, vike daddy said:

Shanahan:  “Since the day we signed him [McKinnon], we’ve been game planning for Minnesota. So I’m not going to lie — it changes things pretty drastically. That was our first target in free agency, so once you do it, you have a plan on how to use him, especially going into Week One.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/06/kyle-shanahan-jerick-mckinnon-injury-changes-things-pretty-drastically/

Vikes are still going down 

200w.webp

Archived