Your 2018 Minnesota Vikings (Initial 53)

SemperFeist

26 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

To me the biggest surprises are that they kept 4 RB and 5 Safeties. I thought they would have kept either 10 on the OL or 10 on the DL.

I thought 10 DL was a possibility as well. I figured 10 OL was a longshot because it’s such a rarity when only 7 are normally active on game day. Even OL desperate teams generally keep 9

I’m pretty happy with the way things turned out.

- Hopefully Newman and Robison can come back throughout the season in case of injury.

-Glad to see Kendall Wright gone since he is a body catcher and doesn’t play special teams, but I hope someone else signs him to avoid the cap hit.  It also helps that there are a number of good free agent WRs on the market still.  If we have an injury at WR I wouldn’t be against bringing back Michael Floyd, a practice squad player, or some other cheap and talented free agent WR.

-I’m curious as to who the odd man out is when Brothers returns from his suspension.  I could see any of Compton, Collins, or Parry getting cut, but I could also see Brothers getting cut.

-I understand why we kept Siemian, but I hope that we are on the lookout for an upgrade.

-I also hope they look for an upgrade to Tom Compton or Aviante Collins.

-I’m very happy with the running backs and defensive backs that they decided to keep.

Just now, byuvike88 said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. He has been awful

That doesn’t mean he’s still not better. Cooper is so bad he’s looking to find his 6th team (he’s entering his 6th year). And Howard is just plain slow and washed up. Not good for a tackle who wouldn’t be an upgrade over Hill, O’Neill, or Remmers. 

Archived