Your 2018 Minnesota Vikings (Initial 53)

SemperFeist

9 minutes ago, Krauser said:

As the holder? 

I guess he should be able to, no?

Yes, as the holder. And you would think that he should be able too. 

I don’t know what really goes into holding for place kicks, but wasn’t that an issue with Jeff Locke? I just don’t know if it’s something you can just expect. 

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

We haven't played a down yet this season. We've got several key players at or in their 30s that could see a sharp decline. These are always hard to predict but it's encouraging that there are very few 30+ year olds that were relying on. Looking at players like Griffen and Joseph at their age, we've got to get a really good rotation going to add longevity.

That would throw a wrench in the field goals 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yes, as the holder. And you would think that he should be able too. 

I don’t know what really goes into holding for place kicks, but wasn’t that an issue with Jeff Locke? I just don’t know if it’s something you can just expect. 

I guess it should be fine. I imagine they scouted that too. 

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Wile was Michigan's place kicker. kickoffs too.

Ah OK. But I guess Carlson will do the kickoffs since that's one of the reasons they drafted him. 

14 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Interesting that there were a couple of punters who could kick FGs this preseason. The Ravens has the Norwegian kid who could handle both right?

Yeah, Kaare Vedvik. The Norse Code guys were talking about signing him -- "he's a Viking" etc. 

Vedvik was attacked in Baltimore a couple of nights back and taken to hospital with head and upper body wounds: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/01/ravens-kicker-punter-kaare-vedvik-hospitalized-after-early-morning-injuries/?utm_term=.04ecf960a61a . The injuries aren't life threatening but the fact that he was "found" suggests he was knocked out or otherwise incapacitated. Scary situation. 

Archived