bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

I haven’t even began to look into the 2019 draft class but so far I’ve seen 5 mock drafts all are encouraging because the highest we pick is 7th which is good enough for 6-10. Here’s who they’ve had has taking. 

3 outta 5 mock drafts have us taking LT. 

2 outta of Those 3 have us taking Jonah Williams LT from Bama will the other one has us taking Trey Adams LT From washington. 

The other two have us taking DL one has us taking Christian Wilkins UT from Clemson and the other has us taking Rashan Gary DE from Michigan 

thoughts ? 

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I haven’t even began to look into the 2019 draft class but so far I’ve seen 5 mock drafts all are encouraging because the highest we pick is 7th which is good enough for 6-10. Here’s who they’ve had has taking. 

3 outta 5 mock drafts have us taking LT. 

2 outta of Those 3 have us taking Jonah Williams LT from Bama will the other one has us taking Trey Adams LT From washington. 

The other two have us taking DL one has us taking Christian Wilkins UT from Clemson and the other has us taking Rashan Gary DE from Michigan 

thoughts ? 

Saw one with us picking 1st (again) and grabbing Nick Bosa.

It is obviously extraordinarily way too early to entertain these thoughts, but...

The only potential hole I see on this roster (assuming that all the additions pan out - big ignorant assumption at this point) is Joe Thomas' replacement.  And that player may already be on the team, who knows.  So, given that every free agent is going to be great and every draft pick is going to be great, the early guess would be Left Tackle.  The rest should serve to improve the depth.

We’ve got a competent scouting department 

Just like we didn’t go QB in the first in 2017 looking to 2018

i think another’s reason we passed on Chubb is because of the d line talent in 2019

it doesnt make any sense how stacked 2019 is 

Honestly i don’t trust Corbett a 6’4 walk-on to play LT in the NFL. So I’m going to assume he’s groomed to be our future C and we’ll just work with Baker all year. So let’s say we take Williams from Bama 

Williams-Bitonio-Corbett-Zeitler-Hubbard 

sounds pretty nice. 

But so does 

Garrett-Coley-Ogunjobi-Gary/Ferrell

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re in the top 5-10 next year I want one of those freak DL.

At least right now..

Yeah there is like 40 of them it seems like. The only one I have seen that is highly touted I came away thinking he is overrated is Christian Wilkinson, but the rest seem darn legit. Back in January I said Clelin Ferrell was better than Chubb and he could be the 3rd or 4th guy off the board behind Bosa, Oliver and Gary.

On the other side of the ball the OT class still looks like garbage for next year.

We'd better get:

1. An unbelievably great LT if the Nevada kid doesn't play there (or is great as a RT).

OR

One of those STUD DL from Clemson, Nick Bosa, R. Gary from scUM, etc.

I'm hanging up my internet scouting cleats for good... this draft took my final energy and fandom spirit out of me... there's no reason to watch players film anymore imo....

We passed on the consensus top 2 players in this draft in Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley.

Even worse... we passed on the consensus top QB phenoms Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

I'm done.. I'm just going to show up to next year's draft oblivious to all the prospects except what I hear through the college football season...

Obviously it depends on how some of our younger players develop this season in order to say what we'll need. But as of now, I'd like to see us get one of those defensive linemen.

Hopefully Corbett plays well enough where we don't need to draft a LT next season.

When it's all said and done Dexter Lawrence will be the Derwin James of the draft where people hear his name buzzing and have him going top 5 but he'll go much later, but people that watch the tape realize that 1. He's a 34 DE, and 2. His athleticism is non-existent... he'll have some of the worst athletic testing numbers in the draft for a DLineman ,,, To me, Lawrence won't even go until the second round...

The clear number 1 player in the draft and number 1 DT in the draft is Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama........ he's lightyears better than Ed Oliver and Rashan Gary...

Davis is a massive Aaron Darnold, Suh hybrid... he'll be the best DT in the league in 3 years...

Honestly, compared to the last few years, this team doesn't have many holes. Our secondary was horrendous last, our wrs were a joke. Both those areas have been vastly improved. Kizer was just plain awful, putrid, terrible, even if Baker gets a full red shirt season (which I doubt) the qb position is infinitely better. The dline is young and will only get better, and Shelton while a amazing runstopper will be addition by subtraction in the pass rush Dept.(I think ogunjobi will break out this season). The oline doesnt have Thomas anymore, but we also don't have any cam Irving revolving door types on the oline. 

Point is we may just be selecting BPA come this time next year. Which this early on would be a dl