bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

Posted (edited)

Is Joe Jackson athletic as Myles? That’s obviously a REALLY high bar, but athletically he really stands out when I watch him play.

We obviously want some outstanding athletes on defense (Peppers, Ward, and Myles). So I think we’d want him or Rashan Gary.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is Joe Jackson athletic as Myles? That’s obviously a REALLY high bar, but athletically he really stands out when I watch him play.

We obviously want some outstanding athletes on defense (Peppers, Ward, and Myles). So I think we’d want him or Rashan Gary.

No. He's worthy of a top 10 pick in all drafts, but he's not in the same category as Garrett athletically. He is more technically sound and consistent with his effort. He's closer to Robert Quinn than he is to Garrett.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

No. He's worthy of a top 10 pick in all drafts, but he's not in the same category as Garrett athletically. He is more technically sound and consistent with his effort. He's closer to Robert Quinn than he is to Garrett.

Such a stacked DL class....

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Such a stacked DL class....

Works out perfect for us. I think it’s our weakest unit, even with Myles.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Works out perfect for us. I think it’s our weakest unit, even with Myles.

I agree it’s the weakest but not by much. Our best unit is LB but we still have some unprovens in the secondary. We at least know what we will get out of Garrett and Ogbah but we are unsure about Peppers and Ward. It’s the weakest unit but it’s by no means a bad unit IMO

I'm worried about left tackle more than any other position right now. Maybe someone steps up. Looks like there will be some good left tackle prospects next year's draft.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, buno67 said:

I agree it’s the weakest but not by much. Our best unit is LB but we still have some unprovens in the secondary. We at least know what we will get out of Garrett and Ogbah but we are unsure about Peppers and Ward. It’s the weakest unit but it’s by no means a bad unit IMO

Could not disagree more, the dline is our strength on the defensive side. I read some stat that when miles and ogbah were on the field together they were on pace for 30 sacks combined, small sample size I'll admit, but that was fresman and sophomore!!!! And that was also with our CB's playing 10 yards off and Peppers playing second base at progressive field, so they had no time to get to the qb. And I didn't even start on ogunjobi (who is my breakout prediction). 

Now the secondary. Peppers was hot garbage last year, yes he played out of position (he's not a 2nd baseman or ss), I'm not dissing on jp, I loved the pick I think he can be a Eric weddle type(maybe slightly better), but he hasn't proven anything yet, same for Denzel(and I'm an OSU homer) I think he like peppers have amazing potential, but I have to see it first. 

In another year or two this d has top #3 potential, but as they say "potential gets coaches fired" 

I agree with the new Brother in here.....Dline is by far one of our strongest units IMO....and we've spend the draft picks to make it that way....there is nothing less than a HIGH 3rd round pick at DE currently (Garret and Ogbah both went with top 32 picks, Orchard was a 2nd (busto), kid from Miami and Nassib were both high 3drd rounders).....and our DT group has some talent with Ogunjobi and Brantley (should have been a 1rst rounder that year) along with Tevin Coley the UDFA who was part of a strong Run D last year......and the kid we go from UGA as an UDFA I saw him carrying a 4th round grade on some sites.....I think our Dline is just fine now...and will get TURBO charged next year with another 1rst round pick going to it IMO......

7 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Could not disagree more, the dline is our strength on the defensive side. I read some stat that when miles and ogbah were on the field together they were on pace for 30 sacks combined, small sample size I'll admit, but that was fresman and sophomore!!!! And that was also with our CB's playing 10 yards off and Peppers playing second base at progressive field, so they had no time to get to the qb. And I didn't even start on ogunjobi (who is my breakout prediction). 

Now the secondary. Peppers was hot garbage last year, yes he played out of position (he's not a 2nd baseman or ss), I'm not dissing on jp, I loved the pick I think he can be a Eric weddle type(maybe slightly better), but he hasn't proven anything yet, same for Denzel(and I'm an OSU homer) I think he like peppers have amazing potential, but I have to see it first. 

In another year or two this d has top #3 potential, but as they say "potential gets coaches fired" 

LB is by far our best group. Best talent across the board. We know our top4 LBs are legit talent. We are still unsure about our interior DL. 

Yeah I know the secondary had issues last year but that’s the reason it is completely rebuilt. I love the talent they brought in. 

Still think the DL is the weakest part but it’s not by much. It all depends how Obunjobi plays out as a starter and if Brantley takes a step up

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

LB is by far our best group. Best talent across the board. We know our top4 LBs are legit talent. We are still unsure about our interior DL. 

Yeah I know the secondary had issues last year but that’s the reason it is completely rebuilt. I love the talent they brought in. 

Still think the DL is the weakest part but it’s not by much. It all depends how Obunjobi plays out as a starter and if Brantley takes a step up

You can make an argument for the lb core to be the best, I don't feel they are. But I'd like to hear your argument as to why they are "the best by far". I like our lbs, but I'm not pounding the table for any of them. Yes kirksey and schobert made a ton of tackles, but they both played almost every defensive snap, so they should have a lot of tackles, as far as "splash" plays, they didn't do much. And te's ate our lbs up. Collins can be a splash guy, but he can't stay healthy. Kendricks, loved him coming out of cal , but he was a fa for a long time for a reason, I'll wait on him and see

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I respect what your saying...but this Dline showed it could be (for much of the season) one of the top run stopping Dlines in the NFL (was top 4 or 5 in YPCA) for an 0-16 team....., yes our pass defense gave up a ton of yards, but much of that was, why try to run vs that D when its easy to pass with the FS dropped 30 yards off the ball. This Dline showed it could do it with Injuiries, with Obgah, Shelton, Garret all missing significant time. Now unless your saying that Danny Shelton means that much to our Dline that he's not replaceable (if thats the case, I don't see Dorsey trading him)....I think were going to be fine at Dline.....Corely was a find, Brantley was a Steal, and Ogunjobi was Manhandling Veteran NFL OG's when he was getting playing time.....and Medere is always a solid run stopper, if unspectacular....solid....an Atahbyah Rubin type if you ask me.....I also like the UDFA's from UGA and Missouri (the DE)...the kid we scooped up from the Raiders from Ferris State off the waiver wire, I liked him coming out OLB/DE type.....I think with these kids competing, its going to push the Dline to improve even more....you got some hungry talented kids in there, fighting for 8-9 spots....

I’m cool with drafting a left tackle if you want to build the team around Baker.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m cool with drafting a left tackle if you want to build the team around Baker.

I like your outside-the-box approach in playing Baker at left guard.