bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Iike shcobert as a very good lb vs the pass, I'd be happy to move on from kirksey and Collins. 

Robinson I am indifferent on but we were pretty good near the end of the year. I like Harrison 5o improve if he gets bigger and stronger.

Agreed on Schobert but he’s close enough to be a Jag with his contract coming up I’m up on the air with him. Robison scares me protecting the single most important player on our team. Harrison I love but he’s two years away. He needs to get up near that 310 and maintain his movement 

32 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

LT, DT, DE, 2XLB, K, #2 Corner, and WR. Please tell me your not sold on Greg Robinson at LT. I’m more then willing to bring him back and prove me wrong but his track record speaks for itself. Greg Joseph has lost us games last year. Coley blows and we have no one behind them. Ogbah is a jag. Schobert and Kirksey are replaceable. Collins needs to be gone. Ward is the only CB I trust. Randal and Peppers are fine. Literally the only guys I want returning as starters on D next year are Garrett, Ogunjobi,Ward,Randall, and Peppers everyone else is a jag. I’d be okay with Schobert or Kirksey at WLB but not both. That’s just my opinion. Orson Charles could be replaced. I’d add 2 WRs next yet one in FA/trade and one in the draft. Possibly another TE. 

Are you aware there’s no team in NFL history that had good-great starters at all 22 positions?

Youre ridiculous with some of this.

Edited by candyman93

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are you aware there’s no team in NFL history that had good-great starters at all 22 positions?

If bosko was gm 22 all pros.

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not saying we need all pros at all 22 but if these guys are replaceable with equal too or potentially better talent at a cheaper price. I’m going to go for that option. 

26 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m not saying we need all pros at all 22 but if these guys are replaceable with equal too or potentially better talent at a cheaper price. I’m going to go for that option. 

Easier said than done/Easier to do on paper.

jamie Collins for example. Who replaces him?

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

31 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Easier said than done/Easier to do on paper.

jamie Collins for example. Who replaces him?

Genard Avery. Younger, Cheaper, could be as good if not better. The best thing for him to succeed would be to allow him to roam freely with in his scheme so getting a NT/DT is very important. Someone like Micheal Pierce. I’m not saying we get rid of everyone at once. I know we can’t have elite players at every position. I just wasn’t an elite or great player at every level and guys who consistently give great effort. Schobert for instance he’s replaceable, due for a contract but he’s smart and very capable of doing his job. Nothing flashy. I don’t have a problem keeping him I just think he’s replaceable and should be replaced if we have an opportunity to do so. 

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Genard Avery. Younger, Cheaper, could be as good if not better. The best thing for him to succeed would be to allow him to roam freely with in his scheme so getting a NT/DT is very important. Someone like Micheal Pierce. I’m not saying we get rid of everyone at once. I know we can’t have elite players at every position. I just wasn’t an elite or great player at every level and guys who consistently give great effort. Schobert for instance he’s replaceable, due for a contract but he’s smart and very capable of doing his job. Nothing flashy. I don’t have a problem keeping him I just think he’s replaceable and should be replaced if we have an opportunity to do so. 

I'm really hoping for either Malcolm Brown to fill the DT position but I could totally see them going the draft route with DT if for no other reason then it is the deepest position in this draft by a long shot imo. 

13 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I'm disappointed in you for your lack of respect for Mr. Schobert.

Our defense felt noticeably worse when he was out for a few games. Not saying he's Luke Kuechly or anything, but he's a really, really solid LB.

22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

but he's a really, really solid LB.

Not considering his p-poor tackling against BAL, agree.

There’s a reason NE didn’t want Collins anymore and we’ve seen why. For every WOW play he makes, he either blows an assignment twice. Whether an issue of focus, mental lapse, or effort. Give me JAG that’s going to play within the system over that (or two, to equal his contract). Better yet, sign a really good player who will play within the system. If they keep Collins due to our large bank, I have no problem with that, but it should probably be because he’s better than our fourth best LB. We don’t want him out there every down. 

8 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I don’t know what to say. He’s a great receiver, decent blocker, RS sophomore. He’s got some developing to do and has a high ceiling. He’s got to get better at route running but he’s got good hands and made some good catches when he was targeted. He had a 16 yard average and has some big play ability. He reminds me of kellen Winslow.

I like Josh Oliver way more than Irv Smith. Give him a watch if you haven't already.

I’m not overly concerned with any 1st-2nd round guys at TE. 3rd and beyond, sure. I think we could use a little more balance at the position to fill out the group, but it’s hardly a spot I’d target near the top. It would have to be someone uniquely special. 

Edited by NateDawg

Thoughts on Nik Needham of UTEP? I think he will be a solid CB in the NFL. Especially a zone scheme.

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like Josh Oliver way more than Irv Smith. Give him a watch if you haven't already.

Oliver doesn’t give you anything as a blocker and is still pretty raw. I don’t think he’s got more potential than Smith. Irv Smith can come in and immediately produce in the NFL as a 20 year old. 

Oliver is essentially a poor man’s Njoku.

Edited by pnies20