bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

23 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I've brought him up before but I am watching him again right now....my soul Jalen Hurd has freakish abilities. He is either going to explode or completely flame out. I see no middle ground possibilities. He is the ultimate boom or bust prospect. He has some serious flaws but uncoachable traits.

He is an absolute abomination trying to block. I honestly don't think he could prevent a buffalo from getting through a doggy door. His takeoff is extremely juvenile like small school high school level bad at times. He is an immature route runner. There will also be questions and concerns over his departure from Tennessee and over the switch to WR due to his body supposedly not holding up. 

Immature route runner, yes, but oh my soul I have seen him throw down some nasty route stems. He stops and starts and gets back to full speed like no other 6'5 220 pounder I ever remember, certainly not Mike Evans and who else is that big? I don't remember much of Randy Moss the prospect but mostly he just blew by guys and out jumped them. He is incredibly hard to bring down especially for such a long frame. He has deep speed not all world speed but he will get over the top. His running back skills are easily still seen when Baylor lined him up in the backfield. He has great vision and a nasty slide cut inside the tackle box to hit the hole and immediate burst.

The decision whether or not to pick him and it what round is going to be entirely on what he could be not what he is right now. There are so many different things he can do as well. He could be a Taysom Hill type weapon. I would be scared to death if we picked him and at the same time I would be excited as all get out. 

Jalen Hurd will be a superstar in the NFL.  I watched him play at Tennessee and there was a reason Alvin Kamara was the backup.  I know its easy now that we've all seen Kamara develop into a superstar in the NFL to say the Tennessee coaches were idiots.  But in 2015 when Kamara arrived at Tennessee and both RBs were sophomores, Jalen Hurd was CLEARLY the better player.  And this is coming from me, a guy who before the 2017 NFL Draft said Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the draft and a Marshall Faulk clone when everyone else was on Leonard Fournette.  I knew how talented Alvin was before that draft based on what I saw from him at Tennessee.  And I'm telling ya'll Jalen Hurd has just as much if not more potential.

I was skeptical about Hurd's transition to WR when he first made the announcement.  I thought he had the potential to be a great RB in the NFL.  After watching his Baylor tape I must say he made the right decision.  He's totally changed his body and looks phenomenal at WR.  He's always been absurdly quick and agile for his size.  Now that he's 20 lbs lighter from his RB days, he's even more agile and quick.  Plus he's improved his overall speed and explosiveness.  At 6'5" 225 lbs he's made for the WR position.  Depending on how fast he runs at the combine, I can see him going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 4th round.  Nonetheless, I expect him to vastly outplay his draft position like Alvin Kamara.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Jalen Hurd will be a superstar in the NFL.  I watched him play at Tennessee and there was a reason Alvin Kamara was the backup.  I know its easy now that we've all seen Kamara develop into a superstar in the NFL to say the Tennessee coaches were idiots.  But in 2015 when Kamara arrived at Tennessee and both RBs were sophomores, Jalen Hurd was CLEARLY the better player.  And this is coming from me, a guy who before the 2017 NFL Draft said Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the draft and a Marshall Faulk clone when everyone else was on Leonard Fournette.  I knew how talented Alvin was before that draft based on what I saw from him at Tennessee.  And I'm telling ya'll Jalen Hurd has just as much if not more potential.

If you’re gonna toot your own horn about your hits, make sure to include the fact you had Josh Dobbs as the best QB in that class.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re gonna toot your own horn about your hits, make sure to include the fact you had Josh Dobbs as the best QB in that class.

I still stand by my pre-draft assesment of Dobbs.  The QB position is different from the RB position.  QBs have extended primes all the way into their 30s.  RBs best years are in their first 5 years in the NFL.  Josh Dobbs is simply playing behind a future Hall of Fame QB like Aaron Rodgers did at the start of his career. 

When Dobbs finally gets his chance he'll develop into a superstar like Alvin Kamara.  He's just not gotten his chance yet.  And no a couple of drives against the Raiders are not a suitable sample size to say much of anything about Dobbs potential.  All Alvin Kamara's success has done is make me even more confident in Josh Dobbs eventual stardom. 

1 hour ago, VanS said:

And this is coming from me, a guy who before the 2017 NFL Draft said Josh Dobbs would be a star.

This.

Edited by NudeTayne
Because literal rocket scientist, confirmed.

8 minutes ago, VanS said:

I still stand by my pre-draft assesment of Dobbs.  The QB position is different from the RB position.  QBs have extended primes all the way into their 30s.  RBs best years are in their first 5 years in the NFL.  Josh Dobbs is simply playing behind a future Hall of Fame QB like Aaron Rodgers did at the start of his career. 

When Dobbs finally gets his chance he'll develop into a superstar like Alvin Kamara.  He's just not gotten his chance yet.  And no a couple of drives against the Raiders are not a suitable sample size to say much of anything about Dobbs potential.  All Alvin Kamara's success has done is make me even more confident in Josh Dobbs eventual stardom. 

Well by all accounts Hue Jackson loved Joshua Dobbs, so that is pretty much enough evidence for me to say you are wrong about Dobbs.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

LOL I didn't see this until I had also busted him out about it 😅.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This.

Patience.  Josh Dobbs is playing behind a future Hall of Fame QB who just led the league in passing yards.  When he gets his chance he'll be a superstar like Alvin Kamara.

QB is the one position in the NFL with an extended prime.  Dobbs has lost nothing the last 2 years learning from Big Ben.  He's following the same path Aaron Rodgers did behind Brett Favre for the first 3 years of his career.

13 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Well by all accounts Hue Jackson loved Joshua Dobbs, so that is pretty much enough evidence for me to say you are wrong about Dobbs.

Cool.

I trust my eye test.  Its what let me see Alvin Kamara's Marshall Faulk-esque abilities while he was a backup in college.  

I compared Dobbs to Randall Cunningham coming out of college.  And if you look at how Cunningham's career went, he was a backup and underwhelming early in his career only to develop into a superstar and MVP candidate in his mid-20s.  I expect Dobbs to follow a similar path.

Not every great QB has instant success in the NFL.  Sometimes greatness takes time.

Edited by VanS

@VanS I truly appreciate the input you have brought forth into our sacred prospect thread on Jalen Hurd.

But I appreciate the fact that you are willing to die on the hill of Josh Dobbs even more.