bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Jalen Hurd will be a superstar in the NFL.  I watched him play at Tennessee and there was a reason Alvin Kamara was the backup.  I know its easy now that we've all seen Kamara develop into a superstar in the NFL to say the Tennessee coaches were idiots.  But in 2015 when Kamara arrived at Tennessee and both RBs were sophomores, Jalen Hurd was CLEARLY the better player.  And this is coming from me, a guy who before the 2017 NFL Draft said Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the draft and a Marshall Faulk clone when everyone else was on Leonard Fournette.  I knew how talented Alvin was before that draft based on what I saw from him at Tennessee.  And I'm telling ya'll Jalen Hurd has just as much if not more potential.

I was skeptical about Hurd's transition to WR when he first made the announcement.  I thought he had the potential to be a great RB in the NFL.  After watching his Baylor tape I must say he made the right decision.  He's totally changed his body and looks phenomenal at WR.  He's always been absurdly quick and agile for his size.  Now that he's 20 lbs lighter from his RB days, he's even more agile and quick.  Plus he's improved his overall speed and explosiveness.  At 6'5" 225 lbs he's made for the WR position.  Depending on how fast he runs at the combine, I can see him going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 4th round.  Nonetheless, I expect him to vastly outplay his draft position like Alvin Kamara.

Hurd was garbage at UT. I have the misfortune of being around die hard Tennessee fans all day. I watched all his games. He never developed.

Josh Dobbs was so good that the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph in the 3rd last season. 

When you miss on something, you just lose credibility by doubling down.  We've all been wrong at times.  But when you die on an absurd hill like that of Josh Dobbs, you just come across as stubborn and whatever the opposite is of expert. 

Nobody would agree on that one.  Some Tennessee fans didn't even like the guy.  Also someone needs to tell him he needs to just go full-Ryan Shazier with his hair.  That should tell you something even about his awareness. 

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Hurd was garbage at UT. I have the misfortune of being around die hard Tennessee fans all day. I watched all his games. He never developed.

I dont know about garbage. His first two years he was pretty good. 

If he was a pick 4th rd or later, I would def consider him as a project player

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont know about garbage. His first two years he was pretty good. 

If he was a pick 4th rd or later, I would def consider him as a project player

He was very underwhelming and also a crybaby. Garbage may have been extreme.

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

To die on this hill?

th?id=OIP.hLKPBovts5esxIv4E1mNCgHaFj&pid

Lol what these millennials can do with Photoshop these days!

3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Idk dude have you seen DK Metcalf's Vernon Gholston impression?

If you had the card you would be crippled by the decision, by passing the pick until one of them gets selected.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

To die on this hill?

th?id=OIP.hLKPBovts5esxIv4E1mNCgHaFj&pid

You feel good making fun of someone with a disease?

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

LOL.  I remember hearing coaches from Oklahoma compare Jalen Hurd as a freshmen to Adrian Peterson after he played well against them.  To say he never developed is a joke.   Jalen Hurd was arguably the best player on the team in 2015 when they were arguably one of the best teams in college football despite having 4 losses.  Remember they led Oklahoma and Alabama in the 4th quarter that year.  Both those teams eventually made the playoff.  They also led Florida by 2 TDs in the 4th quarter and somehow found a way to choke that game away.

Jalen Hurd was a beast at Tennessee.  And despite playing behind an awful offensive line, he was on pace to break the program's all-time rushing record in his junior season.  Alvin Kamara only surpassed Hurd in 2016 after injuries took a toll on Hurd's body.  That is why he switched positions and transferred.

Edited by VanS

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Josh Dobbs was so good that the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph in the 3rd last season. 

When you miss on something, you just lose credibility by doubling down.  We've all been wrong at times.  But when you die on an absurd hill like that of Josh Dobbs, you just come across as stubborn and whatever the opposite is of expert. 

Nobody would agree on that one.  Some Tennessee fans didn't even like the guy.  Also someone needs to tell him he needs to just go full-Ryan Shazier with his hair.  That should tell you something even about his awareness. 

You do know Josh Dobbs won the backup job last year behind Big Ben?  The Mason Rudolph talking point was interesting last year before camp when many thought Dobbs would be cut.  He responded to that adversity by playing great in the preseason, winning the backup job, and relegating Mason Rudolph to 3rd string all year.   

With regard to some Tennessee fans not liking him when he played, maybe you should ask them how they feel now?  I know Josh Dobbs reputation at Tennessee has increased substantially since he left and people saw just how bad the team got without him.  With Dobbs as a full-time starter in 2015 and 2016, Tennessee was a formidable team in the SEC.  Sure they didn't win the SEC East as they were favored to do.  However, they were winning 9 games each year, beating the likes of Georgia and Florida, and even giving Alabama a scare in Tuscaloosa.  Without Dobbs, Tenneseee had the worst season in program history in 2017 after failing to win at least 5 games for the first time in its history.  Then in 2018 they followed that up with a mere 5 win season.  Even the staunchest critic of Dobbs when he played at Tennessee has to admit now that he carried that program on his back and made Butch Jones look a lot better than he really was. 

Edited by VanS

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Sorry man we didn’t know you had a disease. We apologize.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sorry man we didn’t know you had a disease. We apologize.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, VanS said:

If you think feigning outrage over alopecia is gonna gain any traction here, I assure you it won’t.

Was just about to talk about Simmons.  It may be a moot point now if the injury is serious, but seeing as how the Browns are taking a lot of heat for the signing of Kareem Hunt.  Could they possibly add another player (Jeffery Simmons) on this team so soon.  PR would be a nightmare having two players that have videos of striking a female?  We would go from the feel good team to root for in 2020 to a team that a lot of people would quickly disown.